Favorite foods on a cruise

robthens

DCL filet with bleu cheese and chocolate Souffle from PALO YUMMY!!!!!

RCCL goat cheese souffle and flourless chocolate torte from Portofino!

Chocolate covered strawberries

Crab legs!!!!

I can't wait until our next cruise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

I guess I eat out too much so I don't get excited about the food on a cruise.

I do find that most ships i have been on serve excellent soups and home made ice cream. I usually avoid lobster tails in lieu of a good piece of veal or beef. I wish there were more fish offerings beside salmon and tilapia. Why ruin good ice cream with all that showyness of baked Alaska.

I like canapes before dinner and hope that they serve real fish sushi during lunch while at sea.

I also miss aged rum on board when in the Caribbean and have to smuggle it for the cabin.

• 3 months later...

One of my favorite meals on the QM2 was at Todd English......we were celebrating our anniversary and this dinner was delectable...

Champagne and Asti Spumante

Pear and Goat Cheese Salad

Ricotta Gnudi - toasted ricotta, chunks of lobster - it was heaven

Chocolate Fallen Cake

We're from Massachusetts and have sampled several of Todd English restaurants, all of them wonderful, but I want the Ricotta Gnudi again...I've checked the English website for his menus in the area, it's not on any.......so

Maybe we'll have to "force" ourselves to take another cruise on the QM2 and visit Todd English again and again and again.....

Bon Appetit

Jacy

• 2 weeks later...

I love escargots and calamari too! I can never wait until I taste them again on board!

Also, the fish and chips on the Glory was to die for!!!

My two favorite desserts are creme brulee (sp?) and baked alaska!

Now I am hungry!:rolleyes:

This is my first post. But I am not new to Cruise Critic. I got so much good information here before my first cruise in May of 05 ( definately not my last cruise, can't wait to go again). They are addictive.

I have a great recipe for Double- Strawberry Baked Alaska that is easy and you can experience that feel of cruise cuisine at home. I am one of the finalist for the up coming Pillsbury Bake-Off and my recipe is on their website

http://www.pillsbury.com/bakeoff. It is in the "Cooking For Two" category. You can download the recipe . I would also appreciate it if you would vote for my recipe while you are on the Pillsbury website. Voting will end on Feb 28. Please enjoy the Double Strawberry Baked Alaska. And Thank You for taking time to vote.

Usually any creme brulee, but I recently tried Princess' pineapple creme brulee, and that was just very wrong! There are not supposed to be chunky things in creme brulee! Loved the chocolate souffle w/hazelnut sauce. I ate about 1/2 a pineapple each day! I have not tried escargot, but after all the raves here, I will do that. I love the chilled strawberry soups! Those would make great desserts, too. And I have to agree with the Celebrity pastry chefs - they should be given a medal of honor for creating all those to die for creations!

where do i begin ........ ;) ºÜº

love all the "soups" {chilled and hot} i'm a soup person {i love campbells ;) }

cream brulee, choc flourless cake {THE best }

anything lobster ,shrimp,sea scallops

:( beef ..... had some "not so good" recipees on cruises

made to order omlets in the buffett {just a great perk !}

i can go on and on .... trying to lose 20 #'s. before next cruise 5/1/06 ;)

LOL I KNOW I KNOW ....... NEED TO MOVE ON TO A DIFF THREAD ;) !

• 1 month later...

Grouper! I've had tons of of different kinds of fish, but I'd never had grouper before my first cruise. I love it and I look forward to it each time we sail! And my DH and I can never get enough on escargot night.

• 1 month later...

Ummmmm.. I would say that on Carnival, I have never had alot of things so I was just happy to partake in my meals and learn which silverware was first. *laughs* But, I did enjoy the scallops and mashed potatoe thing, and I really enjoyed the baked alaska.

For shytes and giggles I did order a fruit and cheese platter that i passed around with my table mates, and I must say, the aroma of the bleu cheese and then the nibbling of the grapes and sipping of my wine, I was in giggleville by nights end!

On my next cruise, I will try the soups that you all talk about.. the Pumpkin right? and Strawberry? Whats a cruise adventure spirit if you arent willing to try something new eh?

Ciao!

tahiti

basically... i like the fruit... you know.. the lime in the vodka, the strawberry in the daquiri, the tomato in the bloody mary, the orange juice in the screwdriver... i could go on and on.. but i think you get the message...:D

Archived