Favorite foods on a cruise

robthens

joycefnp, I'm with you -- I just LOVE those fruit soups! I have them everytime they're on the menu. So refreshing.

I dared my teen daughter to try the escargot. Being a brave soul, she did -- and loved it (them?). She says it was her favorite food on the cruise.

Late night drunk grazing.... I remember more than once getting ready to go back to the room after a long day and stopping at the buffet to see what is available and making whatever comes to mind...

A plate of fries covered in gravy... you can't get that anywhere in the world at 1:30 in the morning... But you can on a cruise ship!!

Mariner's buffet closed at 11:00 (9:00 some nights). After that it's cold sandwiches from the cafe, unless you order room service which I doubt has fries and gravy. :( I confess I was surprised & disappointed that the buffet wasn't open all night, although the posters on another thread told me that no ship's buffet is ever open 24/7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lordy May! Food is one of the biggest reasons we cruise. I love so much from the beef wellington, to chilled soups, to snails, I love froglegs too but grew up eatin them fresh caught (and gator and squirrel. No possum tho'). The best thing I think I have ever put in my mouth is from the specialty rest we ate at on Summit (2 cruises) and the Connie. Drum roll please.....Goat Cheese Souffle. Simply amazing to me!!

But I also love our traditional last morning breakfast of Eggs Benedict before getting off the ship.

It's always a sad :( meal but still tastes good:D !

=CD=

• 9 months later...

I love the chocolate mousse and almost every line has it-I especially like it when it is paired with cake.

Back in April, I found a salad we enjoyed a lot on HAL. It was tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, and either Italian or Greek dressing. I have made it several times, and though I don't have their recipe exact, I found that I like it with either the Italian or Greek dressing.

I also tried adding a couple more things, black olives and onions, but I found, that too many things took away from the flavor, instead of adding to it-so now I just do the tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, and dressing.

Where to begin????

HAL's chocolate croissants, fresh-made omelets (mine are with cheese, bacon, tomatoe and spinach - to die for!!!!), bread pudding, peach melba sundae (with extra whipped cream please!), cinnamon ice cream, roast duckling with orange cherry sauce.

I could go on and on, but those are the ones that really stand out for me!:D

On our honeymoon my DH and I were served Veal Parmasean and for dessert, chocolate lava cake.

It was amazing!

I also love the steak that is on the menu every night! It is my go-to if there is nothing that looks good to me!

For room service.... I love to order warm cookies and milk before bed a few times! It is soooo nice to be pampered!

Archived