Are Tervis Tumblers Overrated?

Richjoxyz

Sippy cups for adults? What a funny idea! LOL! Not all Tervis tumblers have lids - we have clear ones at home that are simply shaped like a large coffee cup - no lid. I love iced tea and other iced drinks and these tumblers are great because they never sweat or leave a water ring on the furniture. They are also great for use in and around the pool. I appreciate that they can be washed in the dishwasher.

These are the only cups my family uses (we have our carnival ones and other designs) We don't use any other type of cups. Mostly because they don't leave a ring and keep our drinks hot or cold.

So glad to find out I'm not the only one! Haven't used another type of glass for years! I carry one every day to work with a cold drink! I have a Red Frog one and a Blue Iguana but most of mine are 24 oz and have nothing to do with Carnival. My favorite one is an Autism Awareness one with a beautiful design, but I have a whole cabinet full of different designs.

And I like the fact they are American made and have lifetime guarantees. The lids seal well and even work to mix a crystal light into a glass of water by just shaking.

Sippy cup for adults. Interesting analogy LostPuppy. I'm guilty. I bet you even think they are sold at Walmart. (they aren't, by the way, they are a much more upscale cup, a Tervis cup is NOT a Bubba Keg!! :D )

And, yes, I shop at Walmart and yes, I've owned Bubba Kegs. Its just when I discovered Tervis, I realized how much better they were!

Some opinions may be based on where someone lives. In the south where it is hot and humid a Turvis is wonderful. It doesn't sweat, like other cups or glasses, when you put ice in them.

We always take our Turvis on the cruise for our coffee in the morning. Savings burning your hands in paper cups or spilling trying to carry a coffee cup back to the room. YMMV

We have four different 16 oz. Tervis tumblers that we've purchased and use them a lot in the summer. They keep ice frozen much longer than a non-insulated cup or mug. We take ours to the pool with us, or in the car on a road trip, and on our cruises as well. The straws that are made for the Tervis tumblers are better suited for the 24 oz. cups and are too long for the 16 oz. cups, so we bought a pack of regular (plastic) straws that we use. I take a handful with us on our cruise, and throw them away when we need a new one. Are the tumblers overrated. Not in my opinion. In fact, on our next cruise, I'm planning to get one from the Red Frog Pub and the Blue Iguana Cantina. I like them much better than the non-insulated souvenir glasses that you can purchase on board.

When I took my Red Frog Rum Bar cup (from the Breeze) to the Red Frog Pub (on the Magic), the bartender wanted one, they don't have them :)

You get 16oz drinks for the 12oz price when you purchase the tumblers :D

Got the toiletry bag on the Sensation last week for the Platinum gift..very nice but I have several..took it down to guest services and had a choice to trade it in for a beach bag or the VIFP Tervis tumbler..took the tumbler..use it every day for my coffee!!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I love them! I love the warranty on them! I'd rather pay more for a good tumbler to tote my coffee in and know if anything goes wrong it'll be replaced..can't tell you the junky ones I've bought for 5 bucks or so that got tossed because they broke or the lid didn't stay on right...I just got my Chicago Cubs one for Christmas...got hubby one that says BIG KAHUNA lol;)

Well shoot. We loved ours but one of our kids dropped in on concrete and broke it. Husband through it away. Didn't realize they had a lifetime warranty! Even if you don't pour your beer in it they are great for ice water, etc.

Edited by Otowncruiser

Personally I drink too fast to worry about my drinks getting too hot or cold. I have never worried about a warranty on a cup either. Now if you really want the Cadillac of cups you have to go with the Yeti Ramblers. These companies have fixed the age old problems we never knew we had.

We use Tervis all the time for coffee in the morning or drinks at night. We typically just to the large and smaller sizes. Last week we picked up the Red Frog and a Blue Iguana tumbler on the first day. We used them all week and really enjoyed them. FYI, they charge "extra" for the lids (as they do in the stores too) and we didn't realize that until after we bought them. If you don't use the lids it can save you a few bucks.

And by the way, haven't seen the debate lately, but we used a clean cup from the buffet to then transfer in to our cups. Some people have a thing about "used cups" near the tea dispensers. It never touches anything but whatever, I complied just to keep any onlookers happy :D

Personally I drink too fast to worry about my drinks getting too hot or cold. I have never worried about a warranty on a cup either. Now if you really want the Cadillac of cups you have to go with the Yeti Ramblers. These companies have fixed the age old problems we never knew we had.

Well good for you! ;) And bully for them! :cool:

I like them because they don't sweat and leave a wet ring on my table. They also keep my drink colder longer. I don't typically use a lid. If people want to look down on me and think I'm using "an adult sippy cup", so be it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

..in that we've never received the Tervis as a platinum gift.

I have several small cooler bags, a few toiletry kits (never used) as well as numerous coffee mugs (and I dont drink coffee) -

Really hoping that we either are offered them or can trade for them on our upcoming cruise on the Freedom.

They are about all I use at home these days - insulated and do not sweat.

just wished they had a 20oz size - only 16 or 24 I believe-

Thanks

I am Platinum and have six Tervis Tumblers that were given as Platinum cruiser gifts from previous cruises.

We never used them, and they are still in the original packaging. I am thinking about taking a couple for our upcoming B2B and use to keep beer cold. My wife said they are overrated and not to bother.

Should I take them, or are they overrated?

I have a large tervis water bottle. I love it. Its the best water bottle I have ever had. I don't think I would get much use out of the smaller Carnival ones.

I get one of the large bottles of water on the cruise, then pour it into the Tervis cup for the day. Easier to handle with my walker.

I wonder if I can get my Miami Vice in one😃?

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

We have dozens of Tervis Tumblers at home and take them on every cruise with us. We also purchase patches in various ports we visit and send them to Tervis to have custom tumblers made. They are some of our favorite souvenirs. We have also had custom Tervis tumblers made for cruises and the group that we were with.