burnt buns

sunshinegirl29

You could certainly try. But there is no such thing as a private balcony on a cruise ship. Either your neighbors and/or other passengers will see you or the crew will watch you on the security cameras. Maybe that's what you're hoping for? ~:p~

I'm sorry, was that two questions? ~:p~

You could certainly try. But there is no such thing as a private balcony on a cruise ship. Either your neighbors and/or other passengers will see you or the crew will watch you on the security cameras. Maybe that's what you're hoping for? ~:p~

I'm sorry, was that two questions? ~:p~

WRONG.

Neighbors can only see you if they stand right next the divider and directly look over there. Not difficult, but most people only see those neighbors hanging on the rail.

As to the security cameras. They pretty much look down the side of the ship. They can not "turn the corner" and look into your balcony. UNLESS you are right near the camera, or near the bridge wings that stick out.

Next time you are sitting on your balcony, tell me how much YOU can see, left or right. Very little, right? You have to stand up at the rail to see the side of the ship.

So, you are rather private, just not 100%.

WRONG.

Neighbors can only see you if they stand right next the divider and directly look over there. Not difficult, but most people only see those neighbors hanging on the rail.

As to the security cameras. They pretty much look down the side of the ship. They can not "turn the corner" and look into your balcony. UNLESS you are right near the camera, or near the bridge wings that stick out.

Next time you are sitting on your balcony, tell me how much YOU can see, left or right. Very little, right? You have to stand up at the rail to see the side of the ship.

What about looking down on uncovered balconies?

It depends on a variety of factors. Not only the ship, but also the position of the balcony. You'll only get a useful answer if you provide us with more of the unknowns (ship, cabin category, deck, and general location). I have many photos of the balconies from bridge wings, promenade decks, pool decks, etc. for about half of the ships in NCL's fleet, but I would need to check my files. Just leave out the date of the sailing, so that you can maintain your privacy :eek:

If you want to go bare it's your choice but as others have said balconies are not private. And unless you're in a larger suite most balconies are only big enough for chairs and do not have loungers.

Beware that u will burn quickly due to reflection off the water.

It depends on a variety of factors. Not only the ship, but also the position of the balcony. You'll only get a useful answer if you provide us with more of the unknowns (ship, cabin category, deck, and general location). I have many photos of the balconies from bridge wings, promenade decks, pool decks, etc. for about half of the ships in NCL's fleet, but I would need to check my files. Just leave out the date of the sailing, so that you can maintain your privacy :eek:

If you read her past posts, your questions will be answered piecing the posts together.;)

Asking again about getting a all over tan on balcony? Anybody able to pull it off?

I think it depends on which ship you are on. I had absolutely no concerns about sitting naked on my balcony on the Sun, day or night (except in dock of course). The dividers go all the way to the railing so it would be very difficult for someone to stick their head around the divider. I can't say how other ships are set up though.

Reminds me of the thread about the person snapping pictures of the person sleeping on their balcony. Unless you wanna end up on Youtube I would recommend you keep your clothes on.

BTW I am kinda sorry I decided not to video the 2 morons I saw having sex in the hottub on the Gem at 1 in the afternoon on the one nighters last winter though me and the bartender had a good laugh about it and he told me he has seen a lot worse in there.

Edited by iimmie

I am kinda sorry I decided not to video the 2 morons I saw having sex in the hottub on the Gem at 1 in the afternoon on the one nighters last winter though me and the bartender had a good laugh about it and he told me he has seen a lot worse in there.

Which is why getting into a public hot tub is insane!

I'd be really careful in port, OP -- people have been arrested for behavior on their balconies witnessed by those on land. If what you're doing isn't legal in public where you are docked, you could be in for a rude surprise. And I suppose that includes behavior visible to water craft.

I thought that some ships have an Adult Only Sundeck.
I think I read somewhere that NCL had done away with that on either most or all ships.

Edit: I think the Dawn, Sun, Sky, Spirit and Star do not have an Adult only sundeck. The others do evidently from what I read on another thread.

Edited by bossrat

I think I read somewhere that NCL had done away with that on either most or all ships.

Alright my info must be out dated or incorrect. Was informed at least on the Epic that there was one and when I was on the Pearl last year they still had one, though no one was using it in Alaska!! :P

Maybe the best info the OP can get is to call NCL concerning the ship they are on and ask!

Edit: I think the Dawn, Sun, Sky, Spirit and Star do not have an Adult only sundeck. The others do evidently from what I read on another thread.

Most NCL ships have the FreeStyle Sun Deck but it's for topless sunbathing for women only. It seems to get mixed reviews when it's totally nude. People have asked in other areas of CC and it's largely been a topless only area, not completely nude - regardless of gender.

Most NCL ships have the FreeStyle Sun Deck but it's for topless sunbathing for women only. It seems to get mixed reviews when it's totally nude. People have asked in other areas of CC and it's largely been a topless only area, not completely nude - regardless of gender.

I know that at least the freestyle decks on Getaway and Epic are not topless.

WRONG.

Try looking at the reflection in the glass - you can see most stuff on next door's balcony in the glass's reflection - trust me - some things you would NOT want to even glimpse in a reflection!:eek: