Blu Menu changes

BILLP1

We have been on two cruises this past year and have enjoyed Blu. My question is , Do they ever change by adding or subtracting items on their daily menu. I would think by now they would have a pretty good idea which dishes are popular and which are not.

I believe the menu is fixed, with daily rotations, but fixed as to those rotations.

I noticed the MDR menus for example, are dated back to June of 2013 (check the very small print located on the bottom it has the menu dat, and you can tell buy the 1, 2, 3 that changes daily that the menu is for the 1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day etc...), and have the same rotation of daily menus cruise to cruise. Day 1 is always beet and feta salad I always remember, day 2 menu has the same offerings etc.

I used to think menus changed seasonally, but realize they change with far less frequency than that. The same menu for 15 months and counting....

But for the vast number of cruisers, this isn't a real issue, only for the "super cursers" and addicts!

There are some minor differences between ships in the MDR.

Most ships have Prime Rib the first night.

On the Eclipse two weeks ago they had Steak Diane instead.

A nice change for those of us that cruise frequently:)

Good post by CLE-GUY

The MDR has a 14 Day Menu Rotation... For convenience lets refer to them as Menues A thru N

But on each ship / cruise the rotation could be different, so not necessarily A thru N, but could easily be H-C-M-E-A etc

The Ships Senior Staff gets to decide based on the Itinerary of the Cruise... Especially how many, and when Special Events or Formal Nights fall / are scheduled, cause there are some of the Menues with key items more geared to those events (ie Roast Turkey & Traditional Trimmings - Beef Wellington - Lobster Tails etc)

I cannot speak to the Blu DR, as I have not sailed Aqua yet (will change this later this month) but as far as I have been able to determine, they too have a 14 Day Menu Rotation.

There was a great topic on Celebrity Menus several years ago... I will try to find the link for you and post it here:

X

Hopefully in addition to the time I put in on my upcoming cruise getting info on Celebrity's Current Wine List (the BIG Book) maybe I can also find out some info on Celebrity's Current Menu (and any info on upcoming planned changes)

Of course I will report all my findings here on CC afterwards

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Maybe that's true on the Reflection, but every other ship has 14 menus. They don't always do them in order...after all, formal night changes sequence...and sometimes they don't have an ingredient they need so they delay a menu.

I've been told that they change about one main entree a year in Blu. Personally, I've never figured out what that one has been....I keep seeing the same menus.

I've dined in Blu on all of my my Celebrity cruises, about 12 since Jan 2012.

During those three years that have been only a few minor changes to the 14 day Blu menu. It was on the TA. And may have been attributable to ingredient shortages,

A year ago there were rumors aboard a few ships tha the menus were about to be updated and changed, but as of NOV 1 they hadn't.

Personally , I find many of the dishes and preparations a bit tired. I imagine that even th kitchen staff gets bored cooking the same menu for years.

Given the upcoming opening of the new Suite only restaurant, Celebrity should use it as an opportunity to revamp all their menus fleet wide for 2015., not just " dumb them down" as they did in Tuscan Grill ( pick your protein your sauce and your side )

I've dined in Blu on all of my my Celebrity cruises, about 12 since Jan 2012.

During those three years that have been only a few minor changes to the 14 day Blu menu. It was on the TA. And may have been attributable to ingredient shortages,

A year ago there were rumors aboard a few ships tha the menus were about to be updated and changed, but as of NOV 1 they hadn't.

Personally , I find many of the dishes and preparations a bit tired. I imagine that even th kitchen staff gets bored cooking the same menu for years.

Given the upcoming opening of the new Suite only restaurant, Celebrity should use it as an opportunity to revamp all their menus fleet wide for 2015., not just " dumb them down" as they did in Tuscan Grill ( pick your protein your sauce and your side )

Agreed

You & I started sailing Celebrity about the same time, and I must say I am surprised by how little evidently has changed food wise since then

As a Pax who only sails once a year (and so far only on 1 week cruises), I cannot say that I am personally bored by the food that Celebrity offers... Still not having seen nor tasted all of it (MDR - Blu - Buffet - Aqua Spa - Mast Grill - Cafe al Bacio... Or the many Specialty Restaurants)

But I imagine those that sail more often like yourself could be getting there...

And gosh, I cannot imagine how the Chefs & Cooks feel at this point in time (close to 3 years in)

I realize that Ships have greater challenges than land based Eateries... Who may change their Menues Seasonally... But surely Celebrity can do this exercise more than once every 3+ years... For the sake of all involved

I am hopeful, like yourself that there might be a Ship wide / Fleet wide reimagining / rejuvenation in Dining when the Suite Restaurant debuts this Spring

I certainly will be asking Questions on my upcoming cruise...

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB