Allure Of The Seas Review with 115 photos & 21 videos

Excellent review! When I first clicked on your thread to read your review, I wondered if by chance I was on the same cruise as you. I never saw early in your review which week you were on the ship, but as soon as I saw your Cozumel sunrise photo I was fairly certain it was the same cruise. Below is my photo of the Cozumel sunrise. Later in the review I read that your cruised the week before Thanksgiving and confirmed it was the same week.

original.jpg

Did you happen to catch the sunset as we left Ft Lauderdale? My wife needed to run back to the room for something during sailaway and happened to see the sunset and grabbed a quick photo. I'm not knocking here photography skills, but would love to see how it looked captured by a skilled photographer.

original.jpg

It was interesting to read your review and see things you discovered that we didn't. I was also looking closely at your photos to see if I could catch a glimpse of myself. My wife and I were on the cruise with my mom and sister. We were joined by two other couples that we have met on previous cruises. Below is our group photo with me in the front.

original.jpg

Thanks again for the wonderful review and recap of a great week!

Thanks for your wonderful review of the Allure! Have never been on the big ships and can't wait to sail on her in March!:cool: Glad you liked Labadee and Columbus Cove, which is our favorite stop!;) Glad now that we have booked 4 specialty restaurants but hope that Samba Grill's food has improved!:rolleyes: You could very easily write professionally, unless you all ready do! Fabulous review!!

Odds & Ends

Now I'm just going to throw in a few random photos and observations that didn't seem to fit in anywhere else.

I was disappointed to see that there is no deck 13 on Allure Of The Seas. Superstition rears her ugly head again! Out of all the cruises we've been on, Norwegian Getaway was the only ship that didn't skip from deck 12 to deck 14. When I saw that, I thought it was pretty cool... because, really, I don't like the idea of 14th century superstitions dictating 21st century designs. But I'm pleased to report that Royal Caribbean has finally come out of the dark ages and has included a deck 13 on their newest ship, the Quantum Of The Seas.

Throughout the ship, you'll find some interesting artwork and art objects on display. One of the more unusual ones is this stereoscope... which looks a little bit like a robot, doesn't it?

StereoScope-IMG_6517.JPG

What you do is look through the two round holes like you were using a pair of binoculars. You'll see a 3D image of the beautiful Walt Disney concert hall in Los Angeles. Seems like something you'd see on Disney cruise line, not Royal Caribbean, doesn't it?

Now I'm sure that you know that the Allure Of The Seas is one HUGE cruise ship... but have you ever thought about what happens when a huge cruise ship goes through a narrow harbor entrance? It causes some crazy waves! Take a look at this video I shot of the waves created by Allure Of The Seas as we sailed out of Ft Lauderdale:

[YOUTUBE]H596HwbDssA[/YOUTUBE]

Here's something I had never seen on a cruise ship before...

On the floor of the elevators, there's a little sign which alerts you to what day of the week it is!

ElevatorSign-IMG_6046.JPG

I think that's a great idea, as during a 7-day vacation it is very easy to lose track of what day it is... since you're not in your normal routine. I'm curious... do they change these signs exactly at midnight... or wait until about 3 AM when everybody's asleep... or what? I never did find out the answer to that one.

After over 20 enjoyable cruises on Carnival, I do have to say that they could really learn a lesson from Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines on how to design a public restroom. The public restrooms on Carnival are tiny, cramped, and not at all stylish. They are utilitarian, and just have no class or pizzazz to them at all. The stalls are so uncomfortably tight that you wonder if some of the morbidly obese passengers you see on the ship could even fit in them. I really liked that the public restrooms on Allure Of The Seas were spacious and beautifully decorated. Well done, Royal Caribbean... and thank you.

Restroom-IMG_6550.JPG

One of the public restrooms on Allure Of The Seas

They change the days as close to midnight as they can - we were on voyager one year and i was lucky enough to catch the guy that changed them as i went down in the lift. He wanted me to close the door but i persuaded him to have a photo. :)

Thanks for taking the time to do this great review. We are sailing with Royal for the first time in Jan on the Allure so your review has been most helpful. We are Celebrity S-Class fans so we are trying to read everything we can about the Allure before sail date. You should think about trying the Celebrity brand as well some time. Really enjoyed the photographs and thanks for the Cruise Compass! I will now check out your other reviews!

I've read all of your reviews and loved them. This one was no exception. I know no one does the suite life like NCL, but having a gold card on Oasis and Allure is pretty great. After the refurb of both there will be a suite restaurant that might cure the food issues. The suites only sun deck is wonderful as well. Cabin 1720 called a Sky Loft suite is incredible. Just food for thought. Have fun on your next cruise and thanks for a great review!

I booked to go on Allure today.Can't wait never been on an Oasis class ship before.Biggest ship I have been on so far is Independence.Booked to go on Anthem in June and Allure September.Managed to get deck 8 midship.Hope it's a good location for this ship.

I see you recommend the t5i any thoughts on the t5? Seems to be a bit cheaper but I'm guessing missing out on some major options. I absolutely loved your review has to be one of the best out there. The aqua theater shows seem pretty awesome.

The T5i is the one you want. This web page will spell out the differences between the two cameras for you. All of the additional features on the T5i are valuable, but the best of them all is the touchscreen... because you can set it up so that all you have to do is point at something (someone) on the screen, and the camera will lock the focus on that thing or person. Even if they move, it stays focused on them. This is one of my favorite features on the camera. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you are actually using the camera, it is a hugely great feature. It's not enabled by default, so you have to go in to the menus and activate the feature one time... then it's good to go forever after that. VERY useful!

I really enjoyed reading your review and loved the pictures; brought back wonderful memories. :DI love the Allure! I sailed solo on my first Allure sailing and my sister is sailing for the first time on the ship on our upcoming cruise. I am sure she will be WOW!ed.

Did you check out the Jazz on 4 venue on the ship? I enjoyed dropping by for a cocktail or two before heading back to my cabin for the night.

EXCELLENT review, love it! I will be on her sister in a few weeks (that just sounds bad) the Oasis.

I also love your sense of humor, very similar to mine :)

Can I ask, did you take a taxi to the port on cruise morning? Or use a shuttle?

My family is flying from LAX to FLL on Virgin also, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Oh, I live about two blocks from Guy Fieri, and his son is in one of my twins class. Next time I chat with him I will tell him the legion of burger lovers he has created! I have sailed several Carnival ships but never one with his burger joint (yet)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for a such a wonderful review and pictures!!!! We have talked about going on the Allure for sometime now. After reading this review and answering a lot of my questions it just might be time to book her. :):)

Great review, thanks for sharing!

We're close to booking the Allure for the Western Med this summer and I love reading all about the ship!

Thanks for the Cruise Compasses too - I know the port stuff will be all different, but it's great to look through all the stuff offered!

Thank you for taking the time to do such an extensive review of The Allure. We will be on this ship February 22, as well as it being our first cruise with RCCL. I took notes on your review and I'm sure we'll have a grand adventure.

Your comment about MDR food on The Allure verses Carnival was interesting since we likewise have never had a bad cruise with CCL and enjoy the food they serve. Recently, however, Celebrity has become our favorite cruise line - a real winner! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed reading your wonderful review. The pictures and run down of your adventure (very thorough overview) were fantastic and very appreciated.

Question: what software did you use to create your trip report? I take it you created them then uploaded the posts to Cruise Critic?