What to expect on Feb Panama Canal crossing

azgrandmax3

Panama is always hot. We were there in September and it was in the 90's in February, I would expect it to be much the same.

I can say that during the day it is much too harsh to sit on a balcony. the best times are in the afternoon or in the morning.

The canal itself should be experienced from amy parts of the ship. On the promenade you can close to the lock walls. Up top you can see the landscape and get the big picture from all sides. SO, the idea is to move around the ship.

In very broad terms, from FLL to the Canal the port side will "tend" to have the morning sun depending on the actual route taken. From the Canal to LA the sun will be generally on the port side in the PM.

I don't think you will need any Nanook of the North gear until after you get to LA:D

Cdnguy, tell me more about the humidity . We are on the Island 2/19, 2-day transit FLL to LA (maybe the OP is on that one?). I've lived in Los Angeles more than half my life, but I grew up on the East Coast and I know humidity... Would you say the levels of dampness are equivalent to, say, eastern Ontario in July? [emoji26]Or more like jungles of Guatemala? [emoji27]

Thanks,

Sylvia

Would you say the levels of dampness are equivalent to, say, eastern Ontario in July? [emoji26]Or more like jungles of Guatemala? [emoji27]

Thanks,

Sylvia

I would go with the Jungles of Guatemala... no jungles in Ontario and Panama is a lot closer to Guatemala than Ontario:D! Don't despair, February is probably one of the better months to visit Panama humidity wise. However I'm sure anyone coming from a temperate climate will notice the humidity, but in February there is normally a pleasant breeze as the Dry Season is well established. Factor in that shade an air conditioning are usually not too far away depending on what tour you select for your stop in Panama. The transit itself should not be a problem.