Carnival Splendor, self serve laundry

Going on my FIRST cruise in January!! I'm interested in doing some laundry onboard so I can pack less and have room in my luggage to bring souvenirs home. I've heard there are self serve machines. Can someone please tell me: 1) where are they? 2) about how much they cost to use? 3) are there only a couple- will I have to do laundry at 3am in order to get a chance to use them Thanks for any help with this!

**This site has been a HUGE help already in helping me plan things!!! You guys are awesome!

Name: Launderettes / Ironing Rooms

Locations - Launderettes

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7339

Lido Deck 9 - forward / across from 9270

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Riviera Deck 1 – aft / across from 1425

Upper Deck 6 – midship / across from 6391

Verandah Deck 8 – midship / across from 8381

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

Doing laundry at 3am may be a problem as some of the rooms are locked. We used the Lido location and the doors were locked at 10pm SHARP whether there was anything still in the machines or not.

The machines took quarters (some ships have S&S this one doesn't) although my wife did the laundry so I don't know how much they were (I think $4 per load total). They were generally available right after final call on port days, definitely available DURING port days. There were 3 of each machine, but some only have 2 of each machine. Make sure to set a timer as people will remove stuff from a stopped machine and set it on top.

There is detergent for sale in a vend machine, but we just bring a few Tide pods for the number of loads we plan.

Edited by Davey Wavey

I take a roll of quarters.

I throw a load of wash in on my way to breakfast in the morning. By the time I am done eating the clothes are done and ready for the dryer.

Get them in the dryer and go back to the cabin to get ready for the day.

Formal night will be busy with everyone needing the iron. (no one is gonna notice your wrinkles)

Port day in the later afternoon-- it will be hard to get a machine on those days unless you want to stand in line.

The last sea day will be crazy also. We go during dinner on the next to last night

Edited by serene56