Give Cats a chance and Izumi

doog61

We are presently (12/6 & 12/13 sailings) on the Oasis and seen cats on the first night I will admit the first half is hard to watch not much of a story and a lot of dancing around. The part after the intermission is fantastic better songs and a little bit of a story but I feel so bad for the actors who come back to a half or more empty theater after intermission. This does not dampen their performance at all they were great. If you suffer through the first part stay for the second act I think you will enjoy it.

We ate at the hibachi last night it was fantastic no fire of course but the chef was very entertaining. There are 3 grills with 8 places at each of them. There is also a whole section like before dedicated to Sushi but no hot rocks just sushi. We went down to Izumi as soon as we boarded and made a reservation since it was not available before we cruised.

Overall service has been great the only place was at Johnny Rockets for breakfast everyone seem to not want to be there.

We are presently (12/6 & 12/13 sailings) on the Oasis and seen cats on the first night I will admit the first half is hard to watch not much of a story and a lot of dancing around. The part after the intermission is fantastic better songs and a little bit of a story but I feel so bad for the actors who come back to a half or more empty theater after intermission. This does not dampen their performance at all they were great. If you suffer through the first part stay for the second act I think you will enjoy it.

We ate at the hibachi last night it was fantastic no fire of course but the chef was very entertaining. There are 3 grills with 8 places at each of them. There is also a whole section like before dedicated to Sushi but no hot rocks just sushi. We went down to Izumi as soon as we boarded and made a reservation since it was not available before we cruised.

Overall service has been great the only place was at Johnny Rockets for breakfast everyone seem to not want to be there.

Thanks this has been very useful -- we will be on Oasis on Jan 3rd. We made our reservations for Izumi but couldn't pick Hibachi so they may have us for the sushi part.

Do we need to make reservations for Sabor?

Gail

I thought they did a fantastic job with CATS, but I also think it might not have been a good choice for a cruise ship. It's very long, and it's not loaded with familiar songs or a well-known story line. I'd love to see them tweak it to make it successful, but I believe I read that in order for them to gain the rights to produce the show Andrew Lloyd Webber insisted on the full version.

Do we need to make reservations for Sabor?

Gail

We have a reservation next week for Sabor but none is needed we ate there on sunday and just walked in. We did not do the $20 dollar meal I had the Guacamole $3 and tacos $4 and it was plenty for me. You get 3 tacos that you make yourself with freshly made soft tortilla.