Myth of the kanak

Hello,

Has anybody been the Tjibaou Cultural Centre in Noumea and participated in the 'myth of the kanak tour'?

I am in Noumea on the 10th January 2015 (Saturday) and Carnival Spirit does not have it as a shore excursion. I know that we can do this tour privately but I cant seem to pin the Centre down on a time that it will operate.

Any information (time, duration, description, opinion etc.) would be appreciated.

My impression is that this is a tour through the gardens of the centre with actors and it will give me and my children (8 and 12) a better understanding of the culture of the kanaks.

Thank you

I think they run the tours around 10 - 11am start. Definitely in the morning.

You can get the local bus to the centre for only a few dollars each way and the entry fee is very low (can't remember how much exactly, but not much at all).

Call them, I'm sure the person answering the phone will speak enough English to understand you.

My husband and I did this tour when on the Pacific Pearl in April this year. We loved it and found it extremely interesting. We had a guide who took us through the gardens and explained how each section of the garden fitted into the Kanak culture. We then toured the inside of the building which was fascinating as we were shown Kanak art work and other exhibits. There weren't any actors involved in our tour which lasted about 2 hrs or just under. The European guide was very knowledgeable and interesting. We didn't have any children on our tour so not really sure how they would view it. There is a fair bit of walking so be sure to wear comfortable shoes and have a bottle of water with you.

Leigh