One of the best swaps ever!!!

kelkel2

So I am booked on the Jan, 24 2016 sailing on the sunshine and I got an email in my box this morning and it's informing us of an itinerary change and I thought oh boy what now. Then I read it and said to my husband "OH MY GOD!!!!" They took out Nassau and replaced it with Amber Cove, Dominican Republic!!!! That may be the best news ever. This is going to be a fantastic Eastern Caribbean Sailing.

Edited by kelkel2

The exact words said "although it's still a bit away, we're sure you're excited about your cruise. So we'd like to take the time to provide you with some information regarding your itinerary for your sailing." ""due to Operational considerations we have replaced ur call to Nassau with a visit to Beautiful Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. Additionally we have modified our time in St. Thomas and in Grand Turk."

Then it goes on to discuss shore excursion refunds. Which is a actually not relevant to me because none have been purchased. I don't think times in the other two ports could have been changed much. If they were honestly I would still rather have the DR port vs. the Nassau port!!

Watch somebody complain because they're not going to Nassau now. You KNOW someone will! ;)

I actually don't mind Nassau. Some of our friends stateside moved there and whenever we call in Nassau, we usually visit them and there is a very good Chinese restaurant that many crew members go to. We got off the ship this time because it has been a while since we went to Nassau and we enjoyed it. It was so weird how everyone working on the Caribbean Princess was so excited to visit Nassau and most have never been there. Princess usually calls at Princess Cays instead of Nassau and very rarely do they visit Nassau right now.

Edited by Disconnections

Going on the Victory December 7 and got the letter yesterday. Only on ours they are swapping out Nassau and HMC. Not bummed about Nassau, but I am about HMC, as I've never been there. Now doing Grand Turk and Amber Cove with a couple of sea days thrown in.

That't the only good thing about the Nassau stop - staying onboard!!!!

That just means you don't know where to go, other than the one or two streets by the dock. That would be limiting in Manhattan as well.

I look forward to hearing about this new place, but I hope it's more than a dock with a flea market, and fleas. Or plan to actually complete with Labadee.

Going on the Victory December 7 and got the letter yesterday. Only on ours they are swapping out Nassau and HMC. Not bummed about Nassau, but I am about HMC, as I've never been there. Now doing Grand Turk and Amber Cove with a couple of sea days thrown in.

Grand Turk is almost as good as Half Moon Cay, and I guess Nassau isn't as nice as Amber, so it is a good trade. I am hoping they trade Nassau for me feb28th on the Breeze. But since I have never been to Nassau I will enjoy it either way.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We are on the Breeze the week before. I hope they swap Nassau and Amber Cove. We honeymooned in Puerta Plata and love the DR.

Dang. Read it wrong. Thought the OP had 2015 instead of 2016. So I guess we are stuck with Nassau for one more year.

Edited by mapsmith

It will be interesting, I'm not sure when it will be open. It sound like from the website that its ready...so maybe it's just waiting on the formalities. I wonder when the first cruises will be that will start going there? I bet we will start to see some 2015 ones added.