Weather for Cruise from Rome

hamilton girl

I wondered if anyone can help me. We are going on the NCL Jade sailing from Rome on 23 December calling at the following - Toulon, Barcelona, Valencia, Sardinia, Sicily and Naples.

As we usually cruise in the Caribbean we are not sure what weather to expect and what to pack.

Can anyone advise us please?

Many thanks in advance.:)

I would Google "name of town" December weather to see averages. Most likely you will need layers. We sailed a similar itinerary one Nov and wore pants with a short sleeve shirt and a light jacket. A jacket and shoes that will handle rain will be good to have.

See you on board in a few days!:D

Layers are the key -

T shirts + fleece + light waterproof should do for excursions.

A fleece may be needed on deck - last 2 Christmases in the Med we only needed the fleece at night-time on deck a couple of times. The weather this year in Europe is a bit worse at the moment however.

I don't do shorts but I wouldn't have thought they would be suitable at this time of the year. It really depends on whether you feel the cold and what you are acclimatised to.

BTW - you forgot Florence from your posted itinerary.;)

Also no duty free as this is completely within the EU:(.

Just got off the Jade. Rome and Naples were in the 50s. I used layers..sweater and leather jacket. Many wore winter coats while some wore lighter jackets. Check the weather before you leave. It is the rainy season. Doesn't rain all day but there were a few showers. Great cruise to Eastern Mediterranean.

It is colder this year than other years.

Even the south of Spain is not what you would normally expect. We where in Malaga and then inland into Andalucia two weeks ago and it was almost as cold as in Zurich. As others stated, the keys is layers, and likely quite a few of them depending on how resilient you are to the cold.

And definitely do not forget the umbrella.

One major advantage though for this time of year: lot less tourists compared to summer, thus maybe not the best weather for pictures you will have more time and space to see and enjoy everything.

I wondered if anyone can help me. We are going on the NCL Jade sailing from Rome on 23 December calling at the following - Toulon, Barcelona, Valencia, Sardinia, Sicily and Naples.

As we usually cruise in the Caribbean we are not sure what weather to expect and what to pack.

Can anyone advise us please?

Many thanks in advance.:)

We did a Med cruise on the Jade in late Jan/early Feb. I strongly second the advice about layers and being ready for cold, warm, and wet. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. And unless the fact that this is over the holidays affects things, crowds should be much lighter than during peak seasons. We loved our cruise.

This web site will let you check the weather forecast for ALL the ports on your sailing starting 30 days out, for a week in advance. It's a great site and saves you from having to check the weather forecast for each port separately.

http://cruiseoutlook.com/

Have a great trip!