Slow service in restaurants on the Jewel

Spanky My

I have read several posts here and elsewhere about slow service in many of the free eating establisments. Just curious to those who have stated so have you spoke to key people aboard the ship about this? What is their response? Or do they just appease you and send you on your way?

I have read several posts here and elsewhere about slow service in many of the free eating establisments. Just curious to those who have stated so have you spoke to key people aboard the ship about this? What is their response? Or do they just appease you and send you on your way?

I don't think it happens that often. However if you wanting to make it a show tell your server u want to be out by a certain time.

It can be a hit and miss on all ships.

Edited by Ilovesailing

I think the meals generally move at a "relaxed" pace. I'm guessing about 1 1/2 hours is programmed for MDR meals. The intent being to not imply a hurried atmosphere. We've always enjoyed just taking it easy, taking our time. However, on a couple of occasions, we did have a tight schedule for a show afterwards. We told the server this and we were in and out in about 45 minutes. If you need to hurry, just tell them. However, otherwise, let the relaxed pace prevail.

I haven't seen any mentionable differences between ships, the crew rotates between ships and on each ship between restaurants so there is no way of telling who will be waiting where in advance. Hits and misses with the service can and will happen occasionally on any ship.

I was on the Jewel 11/15-22 and did not find the service slow at all. I ate in Tsars 5 times, and the average was probably 45 - 60 minutes. I found the wait staff to be very professional and pleasant. I think if you have a large group or order more than one appetizer/entree, etc. that it probably will take longer than it took me.

I know food and service are very subjective, but I liked the new menus a lot and thought the food was very good. So enjoy!:)

45 minutes to 1 Hour is reasonable. More than that is excessive in my view! Looking forward to our end of Janurary trip on the Jewel. Still love to read other folks who just got off the Jewels report.. Thanks again folks for your continued responses.

We were just on the jewel in November and I found the wait time was totally acceptable.we ate in the main dining rooms five out of seven nights.we have absolutely no complaints on the wait time or the quality of the meals everything was great.We scattered our eating times, some early some late and some in between.I found this the same breakfast lunch and dinner.though I am very easy to please and am not a complete foodie I do enjoy a nice meal and found that the Jewels main dining room's provided exactly that.(and in a timely manner)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we ate at the french restaurant on the breakaway and it was easily a 1.5 hour meal, but it was the way we wanted it. some friends came over to talk and the waiters didn't want to intrude and then afterwards came over to take our order. The meal was piping hot and cooked to order. In the main dining room, the food came out cold.

I plan to be on the Panama Canal passage in April. Hope the service is leisurely as normal. 1 and1/2 hours for dinner is moving along rather briskly in MHO. If folk want a fast-food experience, they should either ask for 2 top seating or go to the buffet. Many enjoy the experience of enjoying the company and discussions while eating.

HI ALL... Just off Jewell on Dec 6th.. we ate 5 nights in Tzars, as well as breakfast most mornings...service was very good, but we had the same waiter each time...we had a young man by the name of Ronald Peyton. We also ate two nights in the Bistro...first night great service, but the second time, which was Friday night, service was very poor and slow...not sure why. All the food was excellent .

jus' me jim.....the velvet teddy bear....:cool:

Lots more positive reviews here than on other reviews I have read. As with most topics a lot of varying opinons for sure.

Looking forward to our cruise on the Jewel at the end of Janurary. I will write a BRIEF review when we return. Love the long ones I have read with lots of detail but that will not be ours.

On a seprate topic for those who have taken the Jewel out of Houston. Is there seperate check in for latitude members no matter what level you are? Or is that only for folks in suites or higher?