Shops on board

abe3

Just wondering if they sell bags or purses on board specifically the getaway? Looking to buy the wife a nice purse and wondering what brands they might sell on board. Probably be better off buying it at home but just wanted to know if there might be good deals on board.

Thanks

On the Jade last month, I recall seeing some Guess bags, (and another brand whose name escapes me- with very brightly coloured geometric patterns on the fabric).Not a huge selection, nor were the prices 'deals' to me. But Getaway should have a bit larger inventory I would think. Then you could compare prices and styles with the duty free shops in your ports of call.

Thank you. I was hoping to take advantage of the duty free and will also look at the ports for a good deal. Wife looking for a Dooney & Burke and doubt they have them on the ships. Otherwise I will have to get one in Miami.

I'd get prices on what you might be interested in before you go and see if the prices are any better on board. I can tell you regarding perfume on BA they raised the prices after we hit our last port. That also happened on the Spirit once where they raised prices the last night and then held a 10% off sale the last day so it was a net zero change.

On the Jade last month, I recall seeing some Guess bags, (and another brand whose name escapes me- with very brightly coloured geometric patterns on the fabric).Not a huge selection, nor were the prices 'deals' to me. But Getaway should have a bit larger inventory I would think. Then you could compare prices and styles with the duty free shops in your ports of call.

Was it maybe Vera Bradley? On the Dawn a couple of months ago they had a nice selection of Guess and Kenneth Cole Reaction handbags. There was one that I really liked but couldn't justify buying a purse on a ship... I am sure the prices were comparable to land based shops but I didn't need it. :)

Edited by welove2cruise2014

I'm going on the Jade for Christmas and I hope you ment Kipling bags, with little monkeys on the side?

Was it maybe Vera Bradley? On the Dawn a couple of months ago they had a nice selection of Guess and Kenneth Cole Reaction handbags. There was one that I really liked but couldn't justify buying a purse on a ship... I am sure the prices were comparable to land based shops but I didn't need it. :)

Sorry, I have tried to remember the name and even looked through my photos, but to no avail. It was definitely not Kipling (sorry) or Vera Bradley- both of those brands look much nicer than what was on board! They did have a few Fiorelli bags, but they were quite plain looking. The selection wasn't great on the Jade, maybe because the VAT taxes added for goods sold on the western Med itinerary meant that sales were slower?

Anyway I hope that the Breakaway has a better assortment. Abe3, you might try posting your question on the Cruise Discussion topics forum, via the Cruise Fashion and Beauty threads; the ladies there are very helpful and can find deals on just about everything!

Thank you all for the information given in this post! Not sure if we are going to wait for the cruise and take our chances finding what she wants or buy it in Miami before the cruise. My guess is before the cruise since she wants the new purse for the cruise! Thanks again!