Platinum Boarding Question

That used to be allowed but no longer is. Too many people took advantage of the system and set up other cabins on their S&S accounts to get priority boarding, then went to Guest Services and changed things around once they were on board. Now it only works if the people in the other cabin are minors.

If I book two staterooms and pay for both as a single booking and set up both cabins' Sail and Sign accounts on my card would both staterooms be allowed priority boarding (I am the only Platinum cruiser)?

you can buy the Faster to the Fun Program for 50 bucks if available for the other cabin

Edited by serene56

That used to be allowed but no longer is. Too many people took advantage of the system and set up other cabins on their S&S accounts to get priority boarding, then went to Guest Services and changed things around once they were on board. Now it only works if the people in the other cabin are minors.

This is true. However, someone is going to come here and say they were given permission:mad:

Many times my nonPlatinum friends have been onboard before us :(.

How true.

It's happened to us a couple of times now since they introduced the FTTF.

No, the friends who were on board before us were not FTTF people.

Edited by klfrodo

• 3 weeks later...
The second cabin will only get to board with you if it is occupied by a minor. Sharing a sign and sail account no longer allows the second cabin the same priority boarding.

Adferg - can you tell me where you found this information. I'm hoping it will work for me but you can't have a minor alone in the 2nd cabin so I'm not sure what it means.

I am platinum and traveling with my DH and 2 sons (both under 18). We have to book one adult and one child in each cabin and then switch them once we board. I'm hoping we can all board early together.

Adferg - can you tell me where you found this information. I'm hoping it will work for me but you can't have a minor alone in the 2nd cabin so I'm not sure what it means.

I am platinum and traveling with my DH and 2 sons (both under 18). We have to book one adult and one child in each cabin and then switch them once we board. I'm hoping we can all board early together.

I am confused as to why you say that you and DH have to be booked in a cabin with your children. Minors can be booked in cabins without parents depending upon their ages. I am attaching the regulations from the Carnival site . I also don't know how close your cabins are as that might make a difference also.

Terms & Conditions: Minor Policy (Guests under the age of 21)

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian

The bookings must be cross-referenced with the guardian’s stateroom and documented properly

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Also, regarding the question of where the info regarding minor children only being allowed Platinum boarding is below:

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum and Diamond guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges. Cruise documents are stamped, PRIORITY and state, if you have priority check-in (listed on your documents), please proceed to the PRIORITY lounge.

Just ask for ‘Priority Check-In’ upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

Please Note:

• We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

• Deluxe Suite Accommodations include the following categories: CS ES GS SS VS OS JS OB

• For those guests traveling with additional staterooms that do not fall into either of the categories above, these additional staterooms may check in through the Priority Check-In Program only if there are minor children traveling in them.

I have taken this info from the Carnival pages under facts. As you can see, the info you were given previously regarding minors is correct. I am not sure whoever told you that your children had to be booked with a parent in the room gave you correct info. You didn't give us enough info to determine what you were told was the policy. Hopefully, what I have posted will help you.

Minors can be booked into a separate cabin as long as it is directly next to, across the hall, or at a diagonal across the hall from your own cabin. I have done this a number of times with my nieces. I believe there is a minimum age for minors alone in a balcony cabin but it's a really young minimum.

Thank you Katie!!! It was my PVP that told me we had to book one adult in each cabin and then change it when we board. I've used the same PVP for years and he has always been excellent, but this is the first time with 2 cabins. I'll have to give him a call and put the boys in one cabin. Then it seems like i can use priority boarding for all of us. That is wonderful.

Love CC and all the great people on it. I'm always learning something new.

On the Cruise FAQ under Carnival you can find the information, are you booking 2 balcony cabins? That is the only exception to the rule, under 12 cannot be booked in a balcony without a guardian

Guests 12 and younger

- If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.