Booking 2016 world cruise sectors

philipb

A few weeks ago SS posted the sectors of the 2016 World Cruise (Silver Whisper) and this week we enquired (via our TA) about booking two sectors (Lima-Papeete and Papeete-Sydney). We got the message back from Silversea UK that they can only waitlist us despite prices and availability showing on the website! Now I wonder if our friends in the USA are getting the same message? Any comments will be gratefully received!

We were told the same thing in 2013 about the 2015 world cruise. We were told we could not book a segment AT ALL. Then a few months ago, we got a great offer (which we couldn't take because by this time we had other plans) for a segment of the world cruise.

So I think their plan to sell this only as a world cruise didn't work out. I guess this time perhaps they are allowing people to wait list just in case they don't fill up the ship with people doing the entire cruise.

I tried to book Ft Lauderdale - Callao and Callao - Papeete, two segments of 30 days total and was told it was Vista or Veranda Suites ONLY on a waitlist. This was from Asta, the onboard SS Spirit Cruise Consultant/Salesperson in late November. She also said that SS WILL confirm any combination of segments totaling at least 54 days minimum for the Jan 2016 World Cruise. Asta also said that even though segment fares are published in the new brochure and online, they are not firm and are subject to change. This week when I inquired again, SS confirmed the above and also told my travel agent that it would be "at least late Spring 2015" before any waitlists would be confirmed. They won't even take a deposit now.

Good Luck!

Jen

Our experience of a WC, long time ago, was very similar. If you wanted to do the whole thing, you could book before any one who wanted segments. Then there was a period of time when you could book 1/2 of the WC. It continued on, in time blocks, until Open Booking. It made sense to me because if you wanted a particular suite for an extended period, you should be given preference over folks one or 2 segments in "your" suite. Did I explain this clearly enough? Hope so.

..at least the message from SS is a consistent one! They have taken a deposit and put us on a waiting list. We didn't have to pay any actual money as they allocated it to one of our on-board credits.

Susan - I hope we get to see you again!