Christine Duffy new carnival ceo

kybluecruiser

I think this will be good for Carnival.

Since she started as a TA, hopefully she will continue repairing the relationships with them, that Uncle Bob had built.

That is one of the things Cahill changed, when he took over,cutting out TA's

Edited by jonbgd

I think this will be good for Carnival.

Since she started as a TA, hopefully she will continue repairing the relationships with them, that Uncle Bob had built.

That is one of the things Cahill changed, when he took over,cutting out TA's

Honestly, Carnival does not need TA's anymore. 99% of folks can do this stuff on their own nowadays.

Honestly, Carnival does not need TA's anymore. 99% of folks can do this stuff on their own nowadays.

I disagree I use a TA for almost every cruise I book

Its nice to get OBC or free gratuities. Something Carnival doesn't like to do:cool:

BTW Uncle BOB built Carnival with the help of TA's

Edited by jonbgd

John Heald also posted she was the new CEO, so that is why I was asking, as he posted the press release saying she is president, but he then is saying she is the new CEO...

To be honest, on my part at least it was a dis-connect. I just assumed that it was for both positions. Makes me wonder what else is in store.....

I never used a travel agent until recently. I use my CC to get cash back bonus each time I book a cruise with a certain travel agency. It's paying off for me very well. Haven't had any issues yet.

The new CEO looks like she has a lot of experience in the travel industry. Give her a chance!

I'm excited that she is/was a travel agent. Working with CLIA also would give her insight through other agents/agencies in what the customer wants. At times there is a huge difference in what the cruiser would like and what Carnival thinks the cruiser would like. I am hoping that the knowledge she has regarding cruising will be a huge benefit.

I am quite pleased with the choice.

I think this is a smart move for Carnival. I can only see positive changes going from a penny pinching management to one that will probably be more in touch with what guests, not only from Carnival but also all other cruise lines, truly want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think this is a smart move for Carnival. I can only see positive changes going from a penny pinching management to one that will probably be more in touch with what guests, not only from Carnival but also all other cruise lines, truly want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree Tapi, I can also tell you I had txt/email conversations with people in management who said they were totally surprised (and that was general consensus from their peers as well) with this decision. I look forward to see how she leaves her mark on Carnival. A strong breath of fresh air, kudo's to senior management.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

well first she has to have some time...let's see what's she is going to do...hopefully it will be a mutually beneficial relationship.

She certainly is beautiful. My first thought was this lady looks about 35 ...then I see she has 30 years experience...lol...so she definitely doesn't look her age!

First glance of industry web sites (as well as outside venues) give high praise for the selection of Duffy as Carnival's new President. See Sea trade insider link below. It will be interesting to see how she puts her mark on Carnival.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/with-duffys-move-clias-loss-is-carnivals-gain.html

well first she has to have some time...let's see what's she is going to do...hopefully it will be a mutually beneficial relationship.

She certainly is beautiful. My first thought was this lady looks about 35 ...then I see she has 30 years experience...lol...so she definitely doesn't look her age!

Wait until she gets a look at their FB page. It will age her 20 years. :p