Can I change my room?

TxSandMom

DH booked with 35-hour sale and our rooms are 3 rooms apart. One of our rooms is an adjoining (but not to another room in our party).

What are the chances that I can get the room that adjoins one of our rooms?

I actually just called Carnival and they said I would need to call the travel agent DH used.

Call your Travel Agent. They are the only ones authorized to call Carnival to make changes on your behalf, and they are the ones that (hopefully) understand the rate the you booked and whether changes are allowed.

If in the future you'd prefer to call Carnival directly and have more control of your booking, next time book your cruise directly with Carnival and bypass the Travel Agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Also, you may want to check with DH/TA because it sounds like the 35-hour sale is one where Carnival assigns you a room (guarantee room), and I don't believe those can be changed but may be able to get an upgrade? But I can definitely be wrong about that last statement.

Edited by Kd_chocolate

DH booked with 35-hour sale and our rooms are 3 rooms apart. One of our rooms is an adjoining (but not to another room in our party).

What are the chances that I can get the room that adjoins one of our rooms?

I actually just called Carnival and they said I would need to call the travel agent DH used.

Adjoining rooms are next to each other-

Connecting rooms have the door in each room

Since you have an agent-- carnival will not even talk with you.

the 35 hour sale was for Guarantee cabins-- you dont get to pick your cabin-- Carnival may say pay the difference.

Being three cabins away is not bad-- its not like you can hang in the cabin together-- meet up at the elevator

Also, you may want to check with DH/TA because it sounds like the 35-hour sale is one where Carnival assigns you a room (guarantee room), and I don't believe those can be changed but may be able to get an upgrade? But I can definitely be wrong about that last statement.

It must have been a guarantee cabin, otherwise they would have booked the joining cabin in the first place.

If the room is in the same category, they may be able to accommodate you. Your mileage may vary. If asked, be prepared to pay the difference between the rate you paid and the current fare of the stateroom. You may not be asked because of the same category, but chances are more likely you will be asked (of course, depending on the person). Call your TA before the room is sold.