Awesome promotion

bbryan5

So I just booked a cruise on the Breakaway from nyc to Bermuda May 10th-17th. The promotion is something like, if you book a balcony or greater you get your choice of FREE ultimate beverage package, the dinning package, or $200 OBC. I thought it was too good to be true, but it's the real deal! :D:D

p.s I choose the drinking package ;)

Didn't realize there were already a few threads about it, SORRY :D:D

Don't be sorry. No harm, no foul.

Being that the cruise prices did not go up, the drink package deal is great. Being that I would never even close to spend $400 on drinks, getting it complimentary would be great. Then I wouldn't feel I have to get my moneys worth. The folks that do run up a big bill will really make out.

Then I wouldn't feel I have to get my moneys worth

This is so true. We have purchased it in the past, and I definitely find myself drinking more (maybe a lil too much LOL) because I feel like I have to get my moneys worth. Maybe this cruise I won't start drinking every morning at 8am! :D:D

I've had my eye on Boston to Bermuda next October since we got off the ship this past October. The prices hadn't moved at all ... So imagine how excited I was to get the UBP, UDP and OBC included - at the same price I'd been stalking for two months!

Of course, after we booked, I find myself wondering if NCL didn't deliberately inflate the prices ahead of time, knowing they were going to have this promotion! Last two times we booked were a month and then 3 months ahead of time so still trying to understand the pricing model. Bottom line - for us - it's a deal!!

Super deal it is indeed, especially if you book a suite....which I almost did the other day, but went mini suite instead. Several days ago the Jewel still had, for mid Jan sailing, SF suites for right at $2550 for two persons. Now, that in itself is a heck of a deal. Then with the promotion, the suite got additionally all three offers. That would be the unlimited drink package, the 7 night specialty dining package, and a $300 OBC. That price and those extras are like stealing for a suite, which of course includes the normal suite bennies. However, with the platinum bennies we already get, we decided we just could not effectively use all that extra stuff. We ended up with a MA mini for $1600 for two and got an NCL $200 OBC additionally with that. Heck of a deal.

The prices seem to be better if anything. I canceled a different booking today, and switched to the 12 day Getaway cruise. I went from an 11 day on the Pearl to 12 days on the Getaway, saved 1500 on my fare, plus took the UBP. That's worth 660 plus tax and gratuity. There is going to be ALOT of drinking on THAT sailing. :D NCL had better stock up on booze.:rolleyes: