Balmoral Refurbishment

Broch

I believe the refurbishment has been completed. Has anyone seen the ship since and can report work been completed.

Just come back but it was our first time onboard so not sure what was different! All looking very good though - there are new carpets in a lot of areas!

This was our first trip with Fred Olsen as it was a nice mini- cruise to Le Havre over the weekend. The ship had delays boarding as some works still had to be finished so it was packed while waiting to board.....The ship started boarding about 2.45pm and we were on by 3.30pm (free tea coffee+biscuits while we were waiting).

As it was our first time the nuances of the refurbishment ill leave to seasoned travellers. We had a meal in The Grill which is their new speciality restaurant charging a £20 pp fee. The meal was of very good quality and by being cooked to order was fresh and hot. While the set menu could have had a few more choices in the starter (3)/pudding(2) category it was still a very good meal.

I would have it again..finding the restaurant was tricky as there is no mention of it yet in the ships map or any signage onboard, it is in fact part of the Palms restaurant tucked around the back overlooking the pool area. Nice but cold be made more special.

Also i heard on the tv that there was a new coffee shop called Cafe Venus and always looked busy.

Apart from embarcation this was a very good trip with excellent staff...welldone.