vacation

jcool

Has anyone done a cruise and a land vacation in Cozumel? I have done a cruise to Cozumel. Now I am thinking about doing a land vacation. Tell me if you like the land vacation? How did you change your money? Did you use US dollar? I know you can use US dollar.

I've done both. You don't need to exchange money unless you want to. US$ are accepted everywhere. The island is fun to stay on. Since you have been there on a cruise, you know that it's busy when there are ships in, and when they leave, it's a great island to have to yourselves...so to speak! Easy to get around, fun town, decent hotels.

Mrs Fuzzmo

Thanks for your help. We are just thinking about renting a car for one day. We are thinking about flying to Cancun. Were did you fly into?

Directly into Cozumel. Flying into Cancun is a PAIN for Cozumel. You should be able to get a flight driectly into Cozumel, although probably not a non-stop or a charter. But I'd take a one-stop flight and land right in Cozumel vs. a non-stop into CUN and then having to lug your suitcases to a shuttle/taxi/bus to Playa, through town to the ferry, again off the ferry and get a cab to your resort....then do it all over again on the way back. No thanks!

Has anyone done a cruise and a land vacation in Cozumel? I have done a cruise to Cozumel. Now I am thinking about doing a land vacation. Tell me if you like the land vacation? How did you change your money? Did you use US dollar? I know you can use US dollar.

We took a cruise out of coz in 2011. A Spanish cruise line. stayed two nights pre cruise in Playa. Liked the land but the ship is so much better.

The cruise line will be doing the cruise again in June - Aug 2015. we are booked on that as well.

For the $, If you plan to spend a lot, check the rates right now its over 14 pesos for 1us

Mrs Fuzzmo

We are planning to stay in Playa Del Carmen for a few days then go to Cozumel. Do you know anything about the buses that take you from Cancun to playa Del Carmen?

Wadetheringo

What Spanish cruise line are you talking about?

Mrs Fuzzmo

We are planning to stay in Playa Del Carmen for a few days then go to Cozumel. Do you know anything about the buses that take you from Cancun to playa Del Carmen?

Wadetheringo

What Spanish cruise line are you talking about?

The bus is ADO. Taxi to the bus depot. They have a web site to check the times and prices. They have "Local and Express. Go with the express if you can. Bring a blanket or coat, the busses are cold.

Pullmantur, in my signature.

The bus is ADO. Taxi to the bus depot. They have a web site to check the times and prices. They have "Local and Express. Go with the express if you can. Bring a blanket or coat, the busses are cold.

Pullmantur, in my signature.

Wade is correct, the ADO will take you to Playa. Not 100% on that. We also like the collectivos, but would not be able to grab one from the airport. The ADO bus station is right downtown Playa and you can pretty much walk to any of the hotels in town from there.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

We have done 9 land-based trips to Cozumel. It is where we got certified to dive back in 2000.

I have a website with trip information, photos, and videos listed below my signature. We have stayed at 5 different hotels, from budget to fancy, and have found the place we like best now is a dive resort. Not a fancy place but we are divers, so it works for us. I can give you recommendations on hotels if you give me info on what you are looking to do, how fancy, etc.

Money = american dollars are fine.

We always always fly directly into Cozumel. Flying into Cancun means a bag drag, bus or taxi to Playa del Carmen, then ferry over to Cozumel... it will take all day. My time is worth more than I would save. Plus my stress level. Yikes. The ferry only runs once an hour and not every hour, you can get stuck sitting and waiting... has happened to me twice.

check out my website, see if it is something that interests you... we love the place obviously!

ABQRobin

We just needed to know how we can get from the airport to Cozumel? People are talking about ADO bus if we decide to take a taxi how much can that be? I know that I have to get the ferry from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel. Do you know anything about hotels in Playa Del Carmen I just want some were that is clean and that I do not need to rent a car. Just want to spend just a few days in playa Del Carmen. We do not want all-include hotel. I found a few place that I would want to stay in Cozumel the places are like apartment. But I have no idea were to stay in playa Del Carmen. Do we need Pecos if we go to the other side of the island in Cozumel? What airline did you use? I heard that there is a airline that leaves Cancun and flies to Cozumel do you know anything about that?

Jcool... there are literally hundreds of hotels over on the mainland between Cancun and Tulum, Playa del Carmen is in between and the ferry port is located there. You can spend a little or a bundle, depending on your needs.

The ADO bus is the local transport bus, never used it.

Taxi rates from Cancun down to Playa would be expensive. Something in between is a shuttle company.

you might want to look at these travel guides with maps:

http://www.cancunmap.com

There are maps for each city, with prices and phone numbers, websites, restaurants, everything you may want to know about the whole area.