Grande Anse Beach:water taxi or cab?

mjea35

We just got off the Summit this morning and werre in Grand Anse 2 days ago.

We took a land taxi ( not the water taxi) for $4/person to a place called Lazy Days on Grand Anse.

The owner is called Fabien and he lived 6 months in Montreal (where we are from) and 6 months in Grenada.

There are chairs and umbrellas for rent (it was 2 chairs and 1 umbrella for $25) and you are right on the beach.

I believe the water taxi will drop you at the begining of the beach while a land taxi will take you further down.

It was the same price for both taxis (land or water).

You can even go further down the beach if you want somewhere less crowded.

Hope this helps.

We just got off the Summit this morning and werre in Grand Anse 2 days ago.

We took a land taxi ( not the water taxi) for $4/person to a place called Lazy Days on Grand Anse.

The owner is called Fabien and he lived 6 months in Montreal (where we are from) and 6 months in Grenada.

There are chairs and umbrellas for rent (it was 2 chairs and 1 umbrella for $25) and you are right on the beach.

I believe the water taxi will drop you at the begining of the beach while a land taxi will take you further down.

It was the same price for both taxis (land or water).

You can even go further down the beach if you want somewhere less crowded.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much!!! Just the info I was looking for. We will be in Grenada in April.

Cheers, Denise

• 1 month later...

We just go back in January and took the water taxi for $8 pp round trip. Once we got to the dock at the beach, we went left on the beach and we paid $20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. We also got the guy to deliver our bucket of beer. Also for lunch we paid $10 for a great meal brought to you which included chicken, rice, potato salad, spinach and a salad. Perfect relaxing day.

We just go back in January and took the water taxi for $8 pp round trip. Once we got to the dock at the beach, we went left on the beach and we paid $20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. We also got the guy to deliver our bucket of beer. Also for lunch we paid $10 for a great meal brought to you which included chicken, rice, potato salad, spinach and a salad. Perfect relaxing day.

What was the name of the place you got the chairs, beer and lunch? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On Grande Anse Beach, I would like to find a scenic location right up at the water's edge, with chair/umbrella rentals as well as good food. What are the best options? AM I better off with a water taxi or cab?

We stopped at Grand Anse Beach about two weeks ago. We took a land taxi there- about $15 with tip (for two) and the water taxi back. $4 ea. We beat the water taxi there and saw a bit of the city on the way. The cab dropped us at the beach by the Grand Anse Spice Market, so we were able to get some spices from a lovely island woman named Cecilia, who was a real sweetie. We had nice padded beach chairs for $20 for two chairs and an umbrella and they were right on the ocean. There was bar service on the beach. Also, in the Spice Market was Rosie's Spice Flavored Rum bar which has reportedly great rum drinks though we didn't try any. The "free Wi-Fi" did not work on the beach, however.

• 3 weeks later...
We stopped at Grand Anse Beach about two weeks ago. We took a land taxi there- about $15 with tip (for two) and the water taxi back. $4 ea. We beat the water taxi there and saw a bit of the city on the way. The cab dropped us at the beach by the Grand Anse Spice Market, so we were able to get some spices from a lovely island woman named Cecilia, who was a real sweetie. We had nice padded beach chairs for $20 for two chairs and an umbrella and they were right on the ocean. There was bar service on the beach. Also, in the Spice Market was Rosie's Spice Flavored Rum bar which has reportedly great rum drinks though we didn't try any. The "free Wi-Fi" did not work on the beach, however.

Was just there and chairs were $5 each but you weren't allowed to share. Weird. Don't know how much the umbrellas were. My friend rented 3 chairs and an umbrella and her mom fell immediately and they returned to the ship but I had to pay more if I wanted to assume her chair which she never used.

For the free wi-fi you had to go to one of the shops and have them enter the password but then it worked fine. Did not have to purchase anything first.

• 3 months later...
We just got off the Summit this morning and werre in Grand Anse 2 days ago. We took a land taxi ( not the water taxi) for $4/person to a place called Lazy Days on Grand Anse...

We stopped at Grand Anse Beach about two weeks ago. We took a land taxi there- about $15 with tip (for two)...

Forgive me as I'm a little confused. Yes, I am bumping this thread because this seems to contain contradictory information. We are interested in possibly going to Grand Anse and wonder what the actual price would be? Did one of you pay too much, or did the price just really go up, or what? :o

Many thanks. :)