Where to watch NFL football on Fantasy?

grinningimm

We are sailing this weekend on Fantasy, and are huge pro football fans. This weekend is the final weekend of the regular season, and there will be several important games (if you are a fan). Will it be possible to watch any games on the ship, and if so where?

Edited by grinningimm

I believe the channels are pretty much limited to Disney-owned things like ABC, ESPN, etc. I've heard exceptions are made and they get a special license for things like the Super Bowl - but I'm not 100% sure on that. My guess is that for just regular games they aren't going to be paying the licensing fee for CBS and/or Fox.

We are sailing this weekend on Fantasy, and are huge pro football fans. This weekend is the final weekend of the regular season, and there will be several important games (if you are a fan). Will it be possible to watch any games on the ship, and if so where?

We watched on the funnelvision screen on one of our Fantasy cruises, as well as in O'Gills.:

zn8oro.jpg

Edited by Shmoo here

Dream and Fantasy both have a sports pub aft STBD that has a 10 foot or so screen, flanked by four smaller Tv's We watched bowl games and could get three games at a time.

Get there an hour early, a tip for the bartender, and you should get to watch what you want.

N41EF - Thanks for the reply. I will definitely hit O'Gills.

Thank you also for your service to our country. Couldn't help notice the signature. I did not serve, but I've had the privilege of a special semi-private tour of SSBN (now SSGN) 727. It was quite something, walking in Sherwood Forest.

Enjoy the game, I rode two old boomers and a 688I.

I just noticed people boasting dozens of cruises. I've literaly been around the world twice, 7 years at sea, 29 countries and counting...

It's much nicer traveling when someone else stands watch and makes my bed.

I sailed the Fantasy in Sept 2013. O' Gills had a game and funnel vision had the night game. However, because of satelite and such, there was only on game on at a time. Not several TVs with more than one 1pm game and 4pm game. We were not lucky enough to see our team, but watched the ticker for score updates and checked ESPN for highlights later. Still had fun.

Remember Disney owns ESPN so they had three college games showing at the same time. ESPN, ABC, EPN2, and ESPNU are available. Depends what games are on when or what they can get a license for,

OTOH, RCL showed one afternoon game, one mid game and the late Sunday game last week.

As above, the broadcast center techs will provide whatever sat feeds are available and they hold the permissions to broadcast.

Sat coverage and the ship rocking and rolling also play a part (the gyro's can only stabilze the dishes so much and if the signal is week to start with then the reception becomes even more patchy and intermittent.

ex techie