Liberty of the Seas Review

e2011

Just returned from the 12/15 sailing which was 5 nights. Labadee and Ocho Rios were the two stops.

Ship was wonderful. Very clean and well maintained. We had a Grand Suite and it was perfect. No issues. Concierge Carlos was amazing and great to work with. Food was very good at free venues except MDR which was just ok. We also dined at Portofino and Chops which are extra fee venues. Chops was amazing. Excellent meat, fantastic deserts. Portofino was just ok. Shrimp was soft, small and previously frozen. Pasta was fresh and excellent. Deserts were marginal.

Johnny Rockets was excellent and Cupcake Cupboard was amazing. Entertainment was average, nothing exciting. Lots of great activities on the ship as usual. Pool area was great in the morning but very crowded in the afternoon. Typical of all ships this size. Lots of parents who left their small children unattended at the pool. I fished one child out who was about to go under for the last time. No parent around so we left the child in the hands of ship security. These parents will never learn. For some reason many parents go brain dead as soon as they walk onto the ship. Someone should study this effect. Overall it was a great cruise!

Labadee was awesome a usual. One of may favorite stops. We had cabana #2 on Barefoot Beach over the water. Amazing. Ocho Rios was nothing exciting. We have done the falls so this time we decided to go shopping. That only took an hour as there were not many nice shops. Lots of people bugging you for a cab ride or hair braids. Reminded me of Nassau but worse. Would not get off the ship next time at this port.

Edited by e2011

Just got back from the same cruise as well. This was our group of 6 first time being on Royal, and we all thought the ship and what you could do it was just amazing. However we all felt most free food on the ship was bland, and what was up with the warm apple juice and orange juice in the morning? Some cups had little to no ice at all in them in the windjammer for breakfast.

Just returned from the 12/15 sailing which was 5 nights. Labadee and Ocho Rios were the two stops.

Labadee was awesome a usual. One of may favorite stops. We had cabana #2 on Barefoot Beach over the water. Amazing.

We were on the same sailing and our day on Labadee was spectacular as well. I grabbed an awesome panorama when we got back to our cabin. Sharing in case the cabana you were in made the pic:

fae87e616bb0e83dae2768897dcea246.jpg

I was also on this cruise and thought it was amazing, first time on Royal and definitely not the last! I only ate in Windjammer a couple times for breakfast, but have to agree with the post about the room temperature juice. I didn't let it bother me, but understand where you are coming from. Breakfast in the mdr was amazing though and food on the promenade was also very good. Regarding enteratinment, I did not make it to many shows in the theater although I did go see Encore and it was awesome! I heard the comedy was ok from someone at my table so maybe someone else who was there can comment further. Regarding the brain dead parents, I suspect at least one dod was to blame there ;) then again some people are just braindead.

Was also on this same cruise with my two younger kids 6 and 10. Also noticed numerous smaller children alone in the kiddie area, which was just shocking to me. Did also notice a few dads like me actively playing in that area with their kids, but it was mostly moms on duty.

Having only ever cruised NCL before, I was impressed by some things and not so much by others. The service on NCL was far better for us, but potentially that was just a result of a new ship. I really liked both, but I think the RCCL experience was better. Seemed less crowded and better food quality, if less variety.

Also, in some ways I kind of preferred not being bugged for drinks constantly, but it was a pain having to go to the bar and wait in line for soda refills.

Ship was wonderful. Very clean and well maintained. We had a Grand Suite and it was perfect. No issues.

Hi, As a Grand Suite guest were you aloud to sit in one of specialty Restaurants for breakfast and Lunch?

Thanks.

Ship was wonderful. Very clean and well maintained. We had a Grand Suite and it was perfect. No issues.

Hi, As a Grand Suite guest were you aloud to sit in one of specialty Restaurants for breakfast and Lunch?

Thanks.

Yes, we were allowed to bring our food into Chops grill at lunch time. Also we could have breakfast at chops which we did however it was a limited menu. It was nice to have that option as it was quiet and no fighting to find a table.

We were on the same sailing and our day on Labadee was spectacular as well. I grabbed an awesome panorama when we got back to our cabin. Sharing in case the cabana you were in made the pic:

fae87e616bb0e83dae2768897dcea246.jpg

Nice photo! Yes I can see where our cabana was located.

We were on this cruise as well. Overall, we enjoyed it. The food in the MDR was ok (though I devoured the chocolate sensation) and I was a little over the same offerings at windjammer. The coffee was strong and hot but nothing a little cold water couldn't fix :) we had adjoining rooms, completely forward, starboard side and were very happy with them. You had a little extra side glass on the balcony that made it cool.

Labadee was very pretty and offered great things to do. I wish we would've done dunns river falls in ocho rios but with the kids, it wasn't a good option for us. My only "complaint" is a 10:30pm 3D dream works movie. Legends of Liverpool were great. Saturday Night Fever, I didn't make it through. Encore was cool (once we actually got to see it. Our initial seating was during the lockdown). The baby splash area was nice but the kids pool area and splash area were very cold.

e2011 and goneclear:

We are also booked in a GS. Was there a separate sun deck area for suite guests

(like on the Allure)? Did either of you attend the wine pairing dinners in Chops or Portofino?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick

One of our favorite class ships. Haven't sailed on Lady Liberty since 07 and your review makes me look even more forward to our upcoming cruise on her next year out of Bayonne.

Labadee has always been one of our favorite stops. I think it's on the itinerary for our April Oasis cruise. Great relaxing beach days enjoying Labadoozies:).