Allure of the Seas December 14 review in photos

Sure thing. No flash on the dining room photos; for most shots, I used a relatively high ISO (anywhere between 1,000 to 2,500) with an aperture of 3.5 to 5.0. This kept the shutter speed to around 1/10th to 1/20th of a second which is good enough for hand-held shots on my camera thanks to its image stabilization system. I had to use a mini tripod for the dining room pictures on the Oasis as that camera didn't have stabilization. You can also slightly over-expose them to get a bit more brightness.

Thank you so much!! :)

What awesome pictures. Am subscribing to your post in case you add more. We'll be going in April 2016 and your pictures are really getting me excited. Also great to see the kiddy pool as I couldn't tell what was there before.

Where did your cruise go?

12.jpg

I am really enjoying your photos, especially the ones of the ship. Love the unique perspectives, and this one is fantastic! I also really like the silhouette of all of the people at sunset right at the beginning. I'm looking forward to what comes next! Thank you for sharing!

Sure thing. No flash on the dining room photos; for most shots, I used a relatively high ISO (anywhere between 1,000 to 2,500) with an aperture of 3.5 to 5.0. This kept the shutter speed to around 1/10th to 1/20th of a second which is good enough for hand-held shots on my camera thanks to its image stabilization system. I had to use a mini tripod for the dining room pictures on the Oasis as that camera didn't have stabilization. You can also slightly over-expose them to get a bit more brightness.

That explains the carousel picture, it showed motion, but the nearby faces weren't that blurry.

loubetti - Yes, I used a tripod for some of the shots.

papcx - 2.5 second exposure, F/10 aperture, ISO 200

LuCruise - Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel

loving these photos. as a fellow photographer myself I am wondering - what are you shooting with? camera/lens?

I wasn't sure if I should take my tripod with me on Oasis... based on your photos I'm thinking I might have to :)

BillOh - The faces aren't blurry simply because the people were standing still while the image was being captured.

Vikstar / photogpab - Nearly every shot was taken with an Olympus OM-D E-M1 with either: Panasonic 7-14mm lens, Panasonic 20mm lens or Olympus 12-40mm lens. The few others were with an E-M5.