navigator faves

Pub was fun, only problem when we were on is musical performer might have been the worst I have heard in 57 cruises ( previous rccl cruise had one of the best playing there )

True enough. The guitar player did nothing for us. Seemed to play the same songs , in the same order every night.

Just wanted to weigh back in on Sabor. I had my doubts when I saw the menu posted on RC's site...but that posting is only a SAMPLE menu. Living in Oklahoma City, like many parts of Texas, we have Mexican restaurants on every street corner. Sabor is different. I have never seen Duck Breast Burritos on any Tex-Mex menu, and they were absolutely delicious! Had a slightly sweet/smoky flavor that was amazing!

I love Guacamole and Sabor's made tableside rendition is very, very good. The $12 Margarita made tableside? I will pass the next time I am there. Nothing to write home about.

Just got off Serenade. Went to Rita's Cantina hoping for some good Guacamole. Nope. Think it came out of a jar...

My bottom line? Sabor is not your typical Tex-Mex restaurant. When next I am on Navi, I'll be eating there!

Okay, now here's a story:

Every time we have been on Navigator, Bubba Feathers Band has been performing. They are, of course, a Country & Western Band. They're okay, but not my favorite. Our third time on Navigator we avoided any venues they were playing in.

Just last week, we sailed on Serenade out of New Orleans. On the way down to the port, we joked with our friends how it would be our luck if we got on board and found Bubba Feathers playing on Serenade now. We laughed.

2nd day on board Serenade. We are standing waiting for an elevator on Deck 11 with our friends. Now who steps off the elevator? Bubba Feathers! My friend's jaw hits the floor (he absolutely hates Country music). Anyway, Bubba recognizes the wife and I as we had been on Navigator several times and had actually met him. Find out he's on vacation! Whew. :D

Every time we have been on Navigator, Bubba Feathers Band has been performing. They are, of course, a Country & Western Band. They're okay, but not my favorite. Our third time on Navigator we avoided any venues they were playing in.

Just last week, we sailed on Serenade out of New Orleans. On the way down to the port, we joked with our friends how it would be our luck if we got on board and found Bubba Feathers playing on Serenade now. We laughed.

2nd day on board Serenade. We are standing waiting for an elevator on Deck 11 with our friends. Now who steps off the elevator? Bubba Feathers! My friend's jaw hits the floor (he absolutely hates Country music). Anyway, Bubba recognizes the wife and I as we had been on Navigator several times and had actually met him. Find out he's on vacation! Whew. :D

that's funny, they were on our last cruise also

LMAO!!!

Great story. I hate country music too.

LOL! I'm booking a Bubba Feathers cruise. We love Country! :D Hope they are there next March...

Any good sing a long bars on baord Nav? Love paino bars as well... From reading in here, it's sounds as if R BAR is the place to be!

Schooner is the Piano bar. DH was there for trivia, not sure if they actually had a pianist last week or not. there was a country western band who we thought was meh at best, Riddim Waves( Jamaican and not half bad) poolside and in the Promenade; a classical pianist Anna who played in the MDR.

We got invited to a Top Tier Lunch with the officers in Chops, where they served a heavy buffet with selections from all the specialties, including the Sabor Guac. too spicy for me. so glad we didn't take the plunge TBH.

we saw a Virtual on the cabin crawl.. it was in weird spot( a side wall) with the chair/ottoman positioned so that the VB was to your side. so you couldn't sit facing the view. the screen resolution was excellent, but it did look..I dunno, off.

the PROMENADE facing cabin, OTOH was wicked awesome even without a balcony. the window was set deep enough that when you closed the curtains you were not distracted by the lights outside and by day the window seat was great for people watching.

The Silent Party is a blast up in the Cosmopolitan Club. Everyone wears a set of wireless headphones with the dance music playing. If you want to have quiet conversations with your friends, just take off the headphones. Oh, and the headphones have 2 channels with 2 different songs playing...it's fun to watch people dancing to different songs at the same time!

Have fun!

Sounds like a riot:)

Phil Anderson is "the piano man" in the Schooner Bar. He does country and pop songs and he loves audience participation. I think he is on the Navigator until mid-April.

That's good news for us since we are on last week in April, we did not care for him at all

Missing out on Phil works out well for you! I will also concur that the silent dance party was fun for a novel idea. But be careful when you remove your headphones. You will hear a cacophony of people singing to the song(s) they are listening to. :eek:

Missing out on Phil works out well for you! I will also concur that the silent dance party was fun for a novel idea. But be careful when you remove your headphones. You will hear a cacophony of people singing to the song(s) they are listening to. :eek:

I am not against all country music, we just saw a great movie "American Sniper" and in one of the early part you could see a poster of Jerry Jeff Walker on his wall. Love his music have seen him in concert 30 times or so I Dallas area.