Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

Dynamic Dining will not be removed but the concept will be fine tuned to the Asian market. As far as I recall one of the complimentary options will be changed to a Chinese Restaurant etc. Johnny Rockets will dieapear and be replaced by a Asian fast food concept, probably a noodle bar or something along these lines. Also the Windjammer will be changed slightly with many more Asian food options etc.

Do you have a source link for that information? Everything I've read, including interviews with RCI management, is that it's being removed/replaced.

Do you have a source link for that information? Everything I've read, including interviews with RCI management, is that it's being removed/replaced.

The Harmony press release mentioned it. But that's not until next year

"Guests also will enjoy the new Quantum-class “Dynamic Dining,” a completely new culinary experience that offers a landscape of 18 restaurant concepts as vast and varied as dining in the world’s most cosmopolitan cities, including specialty restaurants created with partner-chefs Jamie Oliver, Devin Alexander and Michael Schwartz." http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1094/china-is-new-home-for-royal-caribbean-internationals-quantum-of-the-seas/

"Guests also will enjoy the new Quantum-class “Dynamic Dining,” a completely new culinary experience that offers a landscape of 18 restaurant concepts as vast and varied as dining in the world’s most cosmopolitan cities, including specialty restaurants created with partner-chefs Jamie Oliver, Devin Alexander and Michael Schwartz." http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1094/china-is-new-home-for-royal-caribbean-internationals-quantum-of-the-seas/

Unfortunately, this press release is dated 4/16/2014.

Yes but I just faked a cruise to China and Japan and the dining options are dynamic or set times which they previously announced as rotational dining.

The "Dynamic Dining" it looks like they are going to put in place is not the original Dynamic Dining that was planned. It has the same name but it is not the same plan. The original had no set dining times with rotation. The new Dyanamic Dining is more like the pre dynamic dining with the option of set times or My Time Dining. The new spin is rotational dining for the set dining.

I don't care what they call their dining as long as it works. The original Dynamic Dining was not working so they went back to something similar to what was in place before Dynamic Dining but modified. Hopefully the new Dynamic Dining will work. Time will tell.

Edited by Charles4515

It is still the same dyamic dining, they just added the option of having the same time seating and dining staff to follow you around and you eat with the same people to appease those who prefer knowing what time and with who they will dine. China market is different and dynamic dining will go off well. Class structure is a big issue and dining with those not of your class is unthinkable.

Harmony press release was from Feb 25 this year. Classic DD will be available. It seems to me that if Harmony gets it, the other two will also.

Harmony press release was from Feb 25 this year. Classic DD will be available. It seems to me that if Harmony gets it, the other two will also.

That is the Oasis class plan, so far. It sounds as though the Quantum plan might still be a bit fluid. Since I have no plans for further sailings on Quantum, I'm more concerned with the Oasis class.

It is still the same dyamic dining, they just added the option of having the same time seating and dining staff to follow you around and you eat with the same people to appease those who prefer knowing what time and with who they will dine. China market is different and dynamic dining will go off well. Class structure is a big issue and dining with those not of your class is unthinkable.

Judging from the long lines at the Maitre d's podium on the first evening, it seems as though it might be a problem for Westerners, as well.

Unfortunately, this press release is dated 4/16/2014.

Yep, and we have MUCH more current information than that, within the last month or less:

From the news article posted on CC.

When Quantum makes her way to China DD will be replaced with something new.

"Although Quantum of the Seas' dining room staff numbers have been increased and menu options have become more varied, Harrison Liu, Royal Caribbean's manager of brand communications, says the "Classic" option won't be added to Dynamic Dining on that ship before it relocates to China in May. (When the ship makes its move, Liu says something new will be implemented in place of Dynamic Dining, but no details have yet been released.)"

No, what's on Harmony doesn't necessarily equate with what's on Quantum after the move to China, as reported directly by RCI management:

From the news article posted on CC.

When Quantum makes her way to China DD will be replaced with something new.

"Although Quantum of the Seas' dining room staff numbers have been increased and menu options have become more varied, Harrison Liu, Royal Caribbean's manager of brand communications, says the "Classic" option won't be added to Dynamic Dining on that ship before it relocates to China in May. (When the ship makes its move, Liu says something new will be implemented in place of Dynamic Dining, but no details have yet been released.)"

No, its not - please see above, from RCI's Manager of Brand Communications.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

No, what's on Harmony doesn't necessarily equate with what's on Quantum after the move to China, as reported directly by RCI management:

No, its not - please see above, from RCI's Manager of Brand Communications.

Sorry for that, I thought this was an Oasis thread. Brain fart

There was a video posted on a other Thread, don't rememver which one, from the Q&A session with the Captain and Hotel Director. When someone asked about the adjustments that will done to Quantum when it goes to China the Hotel director provided the following informaton: Cost for the adjustments will be around USD 17 Million, including adding more retail and they would adjust the Dining concept amongst others by removing Johny Rockets and replace it with a Asian Fast Food eatery, my guess some kind of noodle bar, called Panda. Further, the Windjammer will see changes with many more Asian meal options. No word about removing Dynamic Dining, I just heard somewhere else that one of the complementary restaurants will be turned into a Chinese eatery, I think they were talking about Chic.

There was a video posted on a other Thread, don't rememver which one, from the Q&A session with the Captain and Hotel Director. When someone asked about the adjustments that will done to Quantum when it goes to China the Hotel director provided the following informaton: Cost for the adjustments will be around USD 17 Million, including adding more retail and they would adjust the Dining concept amongst others by removing Johny Rockets and replace it with a Asian Fast Food eatery, my guess some kind of noodle bar, called Panda. Further, the Windjammer will see changes with many more Asian meal options. No word about removing Dynamic Dining, I just heard somewhere else that one of the complementary restaurants will be turned into a Chinese eatery, I think they were talking about Chic.

I already reposted the very recent interview where RCI management said DD will "be replaced" and an alternative of some kind implemented "in place of" DD.

• 2 months later...

Love the Dynamic Dining Concept.

Finally, I mean finally no more formal nights thats just beyond a pain in my bottom.

I only wanted to seat with people who I want to seat with. For that when we sail celebrity we had to get Aqua class(Praise the lord for smart causal at blu).

Face it guys, we are know its going to happen sonner or later. Because as the 18-45 market become increasingly more important when the capacity contiune to expand.

The only thing made me consider taking Oasis or Allure was the possiblity of Dynamic Dining. I waited long enough, if its not happening, then I will just go with NCL

Finally, I mean finally no more formal nights thats just beyond a pain in my bottom.

I only wanted to seat with people who I want to seat with. For that when we sail celebrity we had to get Aqua class(Praise the lord for smart causal at blu).

Face it guys, we are know its going to happen sonner or later. Because as the 18-45 market become increasingly more important when the capacity contiune to expand.

The only thing made me consider taking Oasis or Allure was the possiblity of Dynamic Dining. I waited long enough, if its not happening, then I will just go with NCL

I haven't seen anything from RCI about DD on these two ships. The last I heard was that it would be implemented later this year, with no specific startup date. :confused:

I haven't seen anything from RCI about DD on these two ships. The last I heard was that it would be implemented later this year, with no specific startup date. :confused:

You will know when it happens. The sound of exploding heads will be heard round the world. Or, at least here on Cruise Complainers.

You will know when it happens. The sound of exploding heads will be heard round the world. Or, at least here on Cruise Complainers.

Mine will be exploding with excitement - particularly if they introduce it in time for our cruises on Allure and Oasis later this year :D Can't wait to try it - and felt cheated that they gave us the 'taste of' menu on Anthem earlier this month and not the proper DD menu.

I'll be on Allure in a couple of weeks and intend to seek out the F & B Manager and ask if they have a date for its implementation

Go ahead to NCL. Been on two NCL cruises and didn't like the experience. Poor service and poor food. Don't want that on Royal although the bean counters are getting there in to downgrading Royal to NCLs level.

Dynamic Dining is marketing spin on a business plan of reducing costs by having the dining room staff turn more tables, enabling more cutting staff, and cutting menu choices. You want poor service so you don't have to dress up? I was just on Oasis and there is no reason to worry about formal nights. You don't need Dynamic Dining to not have formal nights. They let passengers wear what they want. Formal night is treated as just a suggestion now.

LOL, I look forward to that. :D

It will be very much like the movie "Mars Attacks". It's a shame we can't play Slim Whitman's "Indian Love Call." in the background when that happens. It would be so appropriate. If you haven't seen "Mars Attacks", google will explain.

Dynamic Dining is marketing spin on a business plan of reducing costs by having the dining room staff turn more tables, enabling more cutting staff, and cutting menu choices. You want poor service so you don't have to dress up? I was just on Oasis and there is no reason to worry about formal nights. You don't need Dynamic Dining to not have formal nights. They let passengers wear what they want. Formal night is treated as just a suggestion now.

Actually, it is a business plan to more closely align the dining experience to the desires of the new cruising public which does not care for spending two to three hours having dinner with a group of people they've never met before while establishing a relationship with their waiter.

Mine will be exploding with excitement - particularly if they introduce it in time for our cruises on Allure and Oasis later this year :D Can't wait to try it - and felt cheated that they gave us the 'taste of' menu on Anthem earlier this month and not the proper DD menu.

I'll be on Allure in a couple of weeks and intend to seek out the F & B Manager and ask if they have a date for its implementation

Please report back. We're on Oasis in November and Allure in March. Looks as if we'll have DD on Allure for sure. Oasis???? Please ask about Oasis too.