Propulsion Problem on the Silhouette

hurwitz5

We will be sailing on the Silhouette on January 25. I have been reading reviews on CC about this ship. Various cruisers have reported a propulsion problem on this ship - something to do with a malfunctioning azipod. This problem causes the ship to not reach full speed. Has anyone heard when this problem will be fixed?

We will be sailing on the Silhouette on January 25. I have been reading reviews on CC about this ship. Various cruisers have reported a propulsion problem on this ship - something to do with a malfunctioning azipod. This problem causes the ship to not reach full speed. Has anyone heard when this problem will be fixed?

It will be out of dry dock for the January 11th cruise. I'm on that cruise so I do hope that the work is completed.

Sillie in DD on the 5 th or thereabouts. drops off pax on the 4 th then goes to DD where? dont know maybe freeport if not there several yards on east coat that can handle her. Freeport is best bet (Cheaper than American shipyard.

Sillie in DD on the 5 th or thereabouts. drops off pax on the 4 th then goes to DD where? dont know maybe freeport if not there several yards on east coat that can handle her. Freeport is best bet (Cheaper than American shipyard.

I believe that RC Inc owns or is partial owner of the Freeport drydock facility...which is one reason the millenium sailed there all the way from Alaska for their emergency drydock.

I believe that RC Inc owns or is partial owner of the Freeport drydock facility...which is one reason the millenium sailed there all the way from Alaska for their emergency drydock.

There was also the huge logistic of matching the new azipod unit ( coming from Germany ) with Millie ( coming from Alaska ) , compounded by the lack of availability of drydock space anywhere else on short notice. Michael Bailey effectively stated ==X== was even looking at Asian yards

(where the ''meet-up'' between azipod and ship could have been arranged).

And yes, it does indeed help that RCL owns ~~40% of Grand Bahama Shipyards , together with Carnival Corp ( ~~40% ) with the Bahamian Government ''owning''the rest..

Silly going to GBSY is a natural and has been booked accordingly since ~~ late August 2014.

Cheers

Edited by c-legs