Cruise and Wedding All Booked!!

Midnight Rain

Hi All,

Booked my cruise and my wedding this week!!

We are getting married on the Star Princess Feb 11, 2007 at sea.

I know I booked way ahead of time. Wanted to make sure I had my date :)

We are so excited!!

I had one question....

Our cabin is booked at the front of the ship on the Caribe deck... What is it like having a cabin at the front?

Thanks!! :)

Congratulations! I had the pleasure of attending a wedding on the Sapphire Princess last year, and it was beautifully done. Additionally, I was on the Grand Princess this past Valentines Day, and there were a lot of shipboard weddings that week too. It was fun to see all the brides in their gowns on the ship, and fun too that Princess hosted a vow renewal in the atrium for all us old married couples. Have fun!

Our cabin is booked at the front of the ship on the Caribe deck... What is it like having a cabin at the front?

If it's rough, you feel more movement than someone with a cabin in the middle of the ship. If it's smooth...you'll feel no more or less movement than anyone else.

Oh, you'll have a longer walk to the back of the ship. That can be a good thing...to burn off some of those calories!

It is a long long walk to the Horizon court (where the buffet is). The best place on the ship is near mid-ship on the lower level (Plaza deck is the best and the cheapest!).

We were in inside cabin on the Carib deck (on Star) and we heard the chains knocking against the wall (big booming sounds) on windy days. It turned out these were the chains that secured the tenders to the ship. On the day where we tendered, I heard the grinding sound from these chains early in the morning. They were lowering the tenders for trip to Princess Cays.

If you have outside cabins on forward decks, you'll hear the waves hitting the sides of the ship. You will feel ship's movement on Caribbean routes.

Hi and many congratulations. We have just returned from a cruise on the Caribbean princess and had a cabin as far forward as you can get. I get extremely sea sick and was very worried about the movement - we didn't feel any. We also saw a couple of weddings from a distance and they looked truly fantastic - have a great day!

Thanks everyone!

We are looking forward to it. So far away but I'm hoping time will fly.

Our travel agent was only offering us the BB categories, so we couldn't get the middle of the ship, and I didn't want to be on the Aloha deck, so this is all right. Just wanted to know what people thought of it.

Thanks!

Melanie :)

congratulations go out to the both of you.

i have also getting married at sea on the sea princess in the carabbean

on febuary 22nd i also booked it well in advance. i'll put a thread on the forum when we get back and tell you how it went.;) :D

Congratulations!

Great to hear were not the only ones doing the wedding cruise. Were set for Oct. 16, 2005 on the "Star Princess" Best of luck to you and your mate.

As for your room, last Nov. went on the "Carribean Princess" Baja 206, way up in front. Never heard a sound, except passengers across the hall. Not very bouncy, but I guess that depends on the weather. B-206 is an outside cabin.

Again

Best of luck

cpr1992;) ;)

Congratulations!!!

We are considering getting married on the Grand Mediterranean cruise next summer with Princess. We can't seem to find any information on how exactly to do that though. Who did you have to call to book the wedding portion? Were their prices reasonable? Do you think the service is worth it?

Thanks for the info!!!

Yep, I have tried the number on the Princess web site and The Wedding Experience who I've heard rumors that they are now outsourcing to. However, after 2 weeks of calling, I have yet to get someone on the phone. So, I'm trying to find a coordinator who will help me get this show on the road in Mykonos. Greece seems to be the only country in the Med. that doesn't require a 4-6 day waiting period between application for marriage and the wedding date. If you hear of any good international wedding planners, please let me know. Thanks a bunch!

Sorry I don't know anything about the room you are staying in. Just wanted to say congratulations! My husband and I got married on the Grand Princess almost three years ago, and I would highly recommend Princess to anyone for their wedding ceremony! They handled everything perfectly. You get to choose your flowers and the cake was gorgeous. We had our own wedding reception in the Wheel House Bar, and they let me bring my wedding CD to play at the reception. The wedding coordinator was excellent and thought of everything!

Congrats to all those who are getting married in the upcoming 2 years. My hubby and I have been married for 20 years(May 11,1985).

We are going to be renewing our vows on the Golden Princess April 2006. I booked the Princess Renewal of Vows package($485).

I can hardly wait. I'm planning on getting a wedding dress for the ceremony. When we got married way back, it was a rush deal. We planned the whole wedding in less than 3 weeks. I wore my sister's dress. So now, it's time for one of my own............Karen

Hi All,

Booked my cruise and my wedding this week!!

We are getting married on the Star Princess Feb 11, 2007 at sea.

I know I booked way ahead of time. Wanted to make sure I had my date :)

We are so excited!! I had one question.... Our cabin is booked it the front of the ship on the Caribe deck... What is it like having a cabin at the front?Thanks!! :)

CONGRATS!

We were married in Dec. 2000 on our RCCL cruise (we were married on the beach in St. Thomas) it was absolutely fabulous! The coordinator was perfect .... nothing was out of place, everything was exactly as I requested.

Anyhow, on that cruise were in a balcony cabin at the front of the ship and I didn't notice a difference from any other cruise that we took (where we were mid ship and in the rear). May be that was just us ... we are boaters so movement doesn't bother us the least.

Thank you everyone! And Congrats as well to those who are getting married!! It will definately be fun!!!

The website for the Wedding Co-Ordinators is www.theweddingexperience.com

I believe I called 1-866-580-3556.

They have been very helpful. Although their website doesn't work for picking your extras for the wedding.

If anyone has any questions you can e-mail me at:

melanie_gillis@shaw.ca and I can try and answer them for you.

Thanks for all the replies!!! :)

Archived