Verify your OBC!

Underwatr

We booked this cruise last year while we were on the 2013 version of this cruise. We got considerable Onboard Credit for booking onboard, and then my regular travel agent dropped the price when the booking was referred to him.

I discussed the offers for next year with the booking department and then stopped by the Purser's desk to verify my OBC for this week. It was missing several hundred dollars from my printed confirmation. I send an email to my TA to tell him Cunard would be following up and as of today he tells me it has been straightened out.

The moral is don't wait until the final bill to verify that you're getting the credits you're expecting. It may take a few days to fix so make sure you have a few days to wor with.

We booked this cruise last year while we were on the 2013 version of this cruise. We got considerable Onboard Credit for booking onboard, and then my regular travel agent dropped the price when the booking was referred to him.

I discussed the offers for next year with the booking department and then stopped by the Purser's desk to verify my OBC for this week. It was missing several hundred dollars from my printed confirmation. I send an email to my TA to tell him Cunard would be following up and as of today he tells me it has been straightened out.

The moral is don't wait until the final bill to verify that you're getting the credits you're expecting. It may take a few days to fix so make sure you have a few days to wor with.

Sound advice, Carry on Cruising.

Hi Underwatr. Glad to hear your OBC problem has been resolved...does that mean you got my gift in the jewelry stop?:D

Looking forward to hearing about your time in St. Thomas.

Best wishes for a wonderful day in warm sunshine!

Salacia

I haven't heard the good news from the onboard office yet but DW visited the spa yesterday afternoon after we got the news from the TA.

I went scuba diving in St. Thomas (small issues in that Cnuard changed all the arrival times to 9 AM this year when the were 8 AM last year) while she remained onboard.

Thankfully the dive boat was laid back and waited for me to get a cab across the island an hour late. I had been in communication with them to explain my predicament since I learned about it Monday night.

Edited by Underwatr

About two weeks before every cruise we take I have our TA e-mail me a breakdown of our OBC. I print it and take it with me. On the second day of the cruise I stop by the purser's office to verify my account and if there is a discrepancy from what my TA told me I hand the purser a copy of my TA's e-mail, which includes his contact info, and let them work it out. I've never had a problem and the onetime there was a discrepancy it was cleared up within a day.

I've never had a problem with the correct amount of OBC but I always have a copy with me or can retrieve one from my email. Within a few days I request a statement to verify the amount and that the internet time I have purchased is credited back because of my world Club status.

• 2 months later...

Not that I'm aware of. Best to bring along a printed copy of any OBC confirmations from the line or your travel agent. My issue was cleared up within a couple of days after I brought the discrepancy to the attention of the Purser's desk and my TA.

This happened to us two years ago on QE. We were due to have in excess of $2500 but actually only had $100, it appeared our TA had forgotten to add it!

Cunard "claimed" there were completely unable to add it as the ship had sailed, and refused to help, so after much to-ing and fro-ing of e-mails and calls, between us and our TA, the TA paid that amount - at a VERY generous exchange rate as our account is in sterling - into our CC account. We ended up spending less than that amount on board, so actually made money on it, plus had flowers and champagne by way of an apology.

The moral is, always check BEFORE you sail!