Johnny Walker Black ??

cynbar

Yikes --- I just looked at the listing on Celebrity's website about the premium beverage package, and it no longer lists Johnny Black. This is DH's drink of choice and has always been available on our previous Celebrity cruises. Does anyone have any recent experience with this? I'm going to have to get busy preparing him if his favorite drink isn't available.

while things can change from ship to ship and cruise to cruise, JWB is generally included in the Premium package. Remember inclusion is based on the price of the drink...not the list of liquors that are shown as examples.

I won't go below Black. I'd rather drink water than Red. St. Maarten liquor stores sold JW Blue for $99/ltr two years ago. Much cheaper than St. Thomas. I loaded up on Blue, Gold & Black. :D If you stop at a US VI port, you can bring in 5 ltrs pp duty free plus one rum made in USVI. So I did.

BTW if you buy one extra bottle and declare it, they won't charge you duty because the paperwork is much more than the tax they'll collect. ;)

Has your DH tried Gold or Platinum? I like them better than Black and cheaper than Blue. I think I may actually prefer Platinum over Blue that one bottle I had. But I'll have to sample more to be sure. :p

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I said Platinum not. Gold certainly is!

I attend whiskyfest every year in NYC and of course it's my opinion but I am not alone. Read the reviews on the many websites out there. I make no apologies for being a single malt snob. I have tried hundreds of different bottles over the years so please allow me my opinion. By the way JW gold only worth it at duty free shops not at my local store's prices! That's my opinion too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by twin123185