All things Baltimore

collinH45

We stayed at the Best Western Elkridge, booked through Trinity Reservations. We did a New Years Eve cruise out of Baltimore.

We plugged in the address and drove there, then we put in the GPS address for the White House, and we drove there, right down town! We parked on the streets around the corner from the White House, and walked around. It was easy! We were there on December 26th prior to our cruise.

The hotel was off the beaten path, it was a-ok. We also had local crab cakes in a great restaurant. Then we took the free shuttle to the ship and had a great cruise.

We found driving around this area was ok. Not too bad at all. It was a wonderful pre-cruise quick tour of the area...and we are going to do similar for our next cruise in April....

Good luck and have fun planning!!!!! Have a great cruise... which cruise are you on?

We are staying at the same hotel this April...

We are considering this hotel for Oct. Is it far from the Inner Harbor if we wanted to walk around there for a day before our cruise?

We are considering this hotel for Oct. Is it far from the Inner Harbor if we wanted to walk around there for a day before our cruise?

Yes, it's nowhere near the Inner Harbor...and do NOT NOT stay at the BW on O'Donnell...

Elkridge is out by the airport......you'd have to drive and or find other transportation such as Light Rail to get there, and it's about 30 minutes or so...depending on traffic.....

A stay in the Inner Harbor will certainly be more enjoyable than staying near either the port or airport, but I don't think there are any free transfer options. Taxis are readily available at both the airport and downtown so access to transfers are no problem.

The bottom line is that, regardless of where you stay, you will always have the cost of the hotel to port transfer. So the only difference in staying in the Inner Harbor will be the additional time and cost of the airport to hotel transfer (approx $35 taxi ride) and the higher hotel room cost. So it all comes down to just how much time you will actually have to enjoy the Inner Harbor and whether that fits your budget. :)

Thanks, I ended up booking a room at Sleep Inn (301 Fallsway). Got a good price online (better than what they have quoted on their own website). We can always take light rail/metro from the airport to the hotel, since we won't be in a hurry. Doesn't sound like it will be a problem or a big expense to get a taxi to take us to the cruise port. Since I don't plan on coming back to Baltimore any time soon, I'd like to at least see some of it :)

Edited by Illyria

I have heard of the riots/looting in Northwest Baltimore. How is that in relation to the port? I can't wrap my head around the size of Baltimore.

TIA

It's several miles north northwest of the cruise port.

U can listen here if u like more updates

I'm listening to the "Baltimore City Police Special Event" scanner audio feed.

You can listen to it...

● Using your computer by going to http://www.bbscanner.com/listen.php?id=50170

● Using an Android phone or tablet using the Scanner Radio app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scannerradio )

● Using an iPhone or iPad using the Scanner Radio Deluxe app ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scanner-radio-deluxe/id498405045?mt=8 )

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Mayor of Baltimore has lost control of the city.

The Governor of Maryland has declared a state of emergency for Baltimore City since the mayor is in hiding and he has activated the National Guard

The Mayor of Baltimore has lost control of the city.

The Governor of Maryland has declared a state of emergency for Baltimore City since the mayor is in hiding and he has activated the National Guard

Wow what area this i keep hearing some mall area

I hope if any of our CC members are taking a cruise out of Baltimore be VERY careful. The city is totally out of control. When the baseball games are cancelled in Camdon Yards things are very bad. Forget about visiting the inner harbor. Camdon Yards is right in the inner harbor.

Be safe CC members

I hope if any of our CC members are taking a cruise out of Baltimore be VERY careful. The city is totally out of control. When the baseball games are cancelled in Camdon Yards things are very bad. Forget about visiting the inner harbor. Camdon Yards is right in the inner harbor.

Be safe CC members

Today's (Monday) riots never made it to the downtown area of Baltimore. The riots started at Mondawmin Mail, which is in theWest Baltimore neighborhood. The Orioles game was postponed around 6pm. At that point there were crowds headed in that direction. But, the riots NEVER made it any where close to either Camden Yards or the Inner Harbor.

To restate an above post, the Cruise ship pier is not near any where that either peaceful protests or riots have taken place.

Aloha,

John

Be safe CC members

Grandeur of the seas in port today (tuesday)

Today's (Monday) riots never made it to the downtown area of Baltimore. The riots started at Mondawmin Mail, which is in theWest Baltimore neighborhood. The Orioles game was postponed around 6pm. At that point there were crowds headed in that direction. But, the riots NEVER made it any where close to either Camden Yards or the Inner Harbor.

To restate an above post, the Cruise ship pier is not near any where that either peaceful protests or riots have taken place.

Aloha,

John

Thee was sporatic looting last night in the Fells Point area which is located right next to he Inner Harbor.