Specialty restaurants - do you really need to book ahead on bigger ships?

RSLeesburg

After two wonderful cruises on Grandeur, we have booked a cruise on Freedom next year. We have loved the specialty restaurants on Grandeur, and have had no problems booking our reservations and getting times we wanted while we were on the ship. In most cases, we booked in the morning or afternoon for the evening, and the restaurants were never crowded. I was wondering if this was just a fluke because Grandeur is a smaller ship, or if this is the same across all the ships. Will I be able to do this on Freedom too, or do I need to do more advance planning?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were with a group on the Allure and while we did make our reservations in advance we didn't feel as f we needed to once we got there. There was plenty of space in all 3 restaurants. We did go to each restaurant on Day 1 to be sure we would be seated together. Only at Chops did they already have us seated at the same table, even though our reservations were linked for dining and we made reservatons for the sme time.

When we were on Freedom two weeks ago, we tried to make a reservation on Wednesday and nothing was available at the time we wanted until Saturday night. However, if you are flexible with time and/or night, you would probably not have a problem.

Thanks. It has been just my wife and I, but my BIL and his fiancé may join us on this cruise, so would be 4. We are generally flexible, but there are more entertainment options on Freedom, so I can see where planning ahead comes in handy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums