My Time Dining

LeanneS

Do you really need to make reservations for My Time Dining? I saw someone make a comment that they didn't get to eat until 9 pm because My Time Dining was booked until that time.

Reservations are optional. You can walk up anytime you want and be seated in the order of which you arrived (if anyone else is waiting).

Do you really need to make reservations for My Time Dining? I saw someone make a comment that they didn't get to eat until 9 pm because My Time Dining was booked until that time.

Reservations are not required. Supposedly, having a reservation means less waiting time, but many on this forum report little to no waiting with no reservations.

Thanks for the feedback! I was getting a little anxious. I don't like to plan everything when I cruise because I want it to be relaxing. It seems with Royal you have to make a lot of reservations which is good and bad.

The only time you really should make a reservation is if you have a larger party. 6 people and above are MUCH harder to seat "on the fly", so having a predetermined time will help the staff have a table ready for you.

Interesting. This is the first time traveling with a group. There will be six of us. Thanks for the info!

Interesting. This is the first time traveling with a group. There will be six of us. Thanks for the info!

For a bit of a differing view, I booked 6pm times for all 5-nights on Liberty recently and am glad I did. We have enjoyed early seating on our last 3 cruises but, for whatever reason, could not book it this time. 4 of the 5 nights we arrived anywhere between 5:40pm & 6pm and were seated immediately, going to the stand for those with reservations. The line for open seating was rather long each time we arrived. The day it really paid off to have a reservation was the evening all crew and passengers were order to their rooms due to a search for a possible man over board (he was ultimately found on the ship). Once the all clear was given, the stands at my time were a zoo and they were only seating those with my time reservations at or before the current time, which was close to 7pm as I recall. Other were being told it could be 9pm or later until all could be seated.

The way I figured things was that if we wanted to eat later, we could try and get a later time and if it was later than desired, we could ht the Wind Jammer. I like the "security" of know we'd be seated close to when we desired. And, we wanted a table for two on a window and we had the same table each night. I am in the early stages of planning our next cruise and when booked I am leaning towards my time again.

I was on the Freedom in October and only wanted a table for 1. I only waited a few minutes once and was seated with the same waiters every night. I was going around 7pm as I wanted to be in and out in time for the late show, but did notice longer queues as I was leaving. Not booking meant I could just go to the Windjammer on the night I was running late - which was convenient, but I wouldn't do it every night.