FLL Water Taxi Stop 6 - Hyatt Regency Pier 66

captbill

Water Taxi Stop 6 for the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel has been closed for construction for quite awhile now.

The hotel manager stated on Trip Advisor that the actual construction was completed, but now they were working to decide on a less-congested area to move the stop to.

E-mails to the Water Taxi company have gone unanswered. (No surprise there, I guess.)

We're currently booked at this property for early March 2015. I know I can walk across the bridge and board at Stop 5/A, and may well end up doing just that.

Certain others (she who must be obeyed), would prefer that I consider moving the booking to the Hilton Marina if the Stop 6 is to remain closed for the forseeable future.

Are there any locals with firsthand information on when or if Stop 6 will reopen?

Water Taxi Stop 6 for the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel has been closed for construction for quite awhile now.

The hotel manager stated on Trip Advisor that the actual construction was completed, but now they were working to decide on a less-congested area to move the stop to.

E-mails to the Water Taxi company have gone unanswered. (No surprise there, I guess.)

We're currently booked at this property for early March 2015. I know I can walk across the bridge and board at Stop 5/A, and may well end up doing just that.

Certain others (she who must be obeyed), would prefer that I consider moving the booking to the Hilton Marina if the Stop 6 is to remain closed for the forseeable future.

Are there any locals with firsthand information on when or if Stop 6 will reopen?

I would call the hotel manager directly and let him know of your concerns and that you are thinking of moving hotels because of the water taxi situation.

It is peak season and there is a stop very near both my house and work and there are always crowds of people getting on and off the water taxi.

It doesn't help them at all to have one less water taxi stop.

Also, the water taxi does make unscheduled stops at places like the Riverside Hotel. You just have to let the captain know.

Did you try calling the water taxi people? The local number is (954) 467-0008

I checked with Hyatt Pier 66 through their Facebook page earlier today, and they stated they are still working with Water Taxi to reestablish the stop now that the construction is complete on the marina.

So, as of today, stop 6 is not running.

Dan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...