Equinox cabin mattresses

1turbodog

Before committing to a cruise on the Equinox this coming spring, I'd like to hear opinions from recent cruisers on the condition of the cabin mattresses. Also, does anyone have any information as to whether Equinox mattresses are all replaced at roughly the same time, or do they stagger the replacements? Feedback or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Before committing to a cruise on the Equinox this coming spring, I'd like to hear opinions from recent cruisers on the condition of the cabin mattresses. Also, does anyone have any information as to whether Equinox mattresses are all replaced at roughly the same time, or do they stagger the replacements? Feedback or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Was on 3rd sailing in 2009 when beds would have been new. Really comfortable, not soft, not too hard (had some shocker hard ones in Europe Hotels).

Was back on Equinox Sept 2014, beds just as good, no idea if replaced since 2009.

Getting on this Friday. Yikes, I hope nothing bad. I had back surgery in 2005. While I do great with a firm mattress. I hate a too soft of one.

So what's up???

I had a bad experience with the mattress on the my last cruise this past March. Was on the Emerald Princess, and the mattress was so bad, I spent part on my embarkation day ensuring a replacement was received prior to the first night. As it turned out, it was replaced by a mattress that was not great, but at least bearable.

Needless to say, I now do some "due diligence" in that area, realizing of course that expectations vary. Have a great cruise starting this Friday....looking forward to any cruise feedback you may have!

The Equinox is actually the only S-class ship we've yet to sail. But we've found all the mattresses we've experienced with Celebrity to be very comfy! Almost too comfy and I've taken many an extra nap in our cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a bad experience with the mattress on the my last cruise this past March. Was on the Emerald Princess, and the mattress was so bad, I spent part on my embarkation day ensuring a replacement was received prior to the first night. As it turned out, it was replaced by a mattress that was not great, but at least bearable.

Needless to say, I now do some "due diligence" in that area, realizing of course that expectations vary. Have a great cruise starting this Friday....looking forward to any cruise feedback you may have!

If you have spent any time over on the Princess boards, you would see that their poor mattresses are a constant source of discussion. We've sailed them enough to know that this is true (and frankly it's sad). We have found Celebrity's beds to be quite comfortable, and you needn't worry about your upcoming cruise. :)

Please come back and let us know your first-hand experience?

But we've found all the mattresses we've experienced with Celebrity to be very comfy! Almost too comfy and I've taken many an extra nap in our cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My BF and I were on Reflection and the beds were LOVELY. I got trapped in "Club Bed" more than a few times for extra naps.

The only downside is that the beds are short, and I am tall. If you're over 5'8", expect feet to hang off the bed. Not a terrible thing, because I like to keep my feet out :)

Edited by jszpira

Hi

We spent 21 nights on the Equinox November/December in a C2 room; the bed was very comfortable and whilst the bottom of the bed curves to make easy access to the room I found it great to sleep in as it is very wide. I am 6 foot tall. The mattress was clean and enhanced by a topper.

Photo uploaded as imag0124.jpg

Great storage under the bed for our 4 hard suitcases

imag0124.jpg.25bb9d06f2eb0ffc5d4a3ccbb07c64cd.jpg

Edited by HAPPY WANDERERS
spelling error

Hi

We spent 21 nights on the Equinox November/December in a C2 room; the bed was very comfortable and whilst the bottom of the bed curves to make easy access to the room I found it great to sleep in as it is very wide. I am 6 foot tall. The mattress was clean and enhanced by a topper.

Photo uploaded as imag0124.jpg

Great storage under the bed for our 4 hard suitcases

I appreciate your photo!

Well since you're asking, I'll tell you that it was one only a couple of negatives on my comment card after the Equinox TA. I had an inside cabin on deck 7 and my mattress really needed to be replaced. Because I was alone and had the bed to myself, it was really noticeable. The "crack" in the middle where the beds are pushed together was so much higher than the 2 middles of each single bed, I couldn't sleep in the middle without rolling to the side. :eek::D:D Much too soft for my liking. I didn't ask to have it changed during the cruise, it never occurred to me that such a major change could be made during a cruise.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks all for the fine feedback. We have decided to take the Royal Princess 10 day Southern Caribbean rather than the Equinox, and will report back on any issues.

Hmm, interesting, after a bad experience on Princess, and all these good comments about Equinox, and the winner is. . .Princess!! :confused:

Hmm, interesting, after a bad experience on Princess, and all these good comments about Equinox, and the winner is. . .Princess!! :confused:

Should stay with Equinox- the bedding is from a company called Exhale - By Rivière (I think) made for Celebrity. Best sleep I ever have is on a cruise. The bedding is luxurious as is the matress! I will say I've stay in Royal Suites on M and S class ships and. s class is much better! You can even purchase the bed for your home?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

Should stay with Equinox- the bedding is from a company called Exhale - By Rivière (I think) made for Celebrity. Best sleep I ever have is on a cruise. The bedding is luxurious as is the matress! I will say I've stay in Royal Suites on M and S class ships and. s class is much better! You can even purchase the bed for your home?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

Dont know if the Equinox has those matresses yet. I am on the Connie currently and there is a card next to the bed advertising them. Was on the Jan 2, 2015 Equinox sailing and the bed had an impression where one sits while using the phone. No card. I think they are still the original mattresses on the Equinox. FYI the mattress on the Connie is wonderful.

Why oh why those stupid beds with the curved bottom, I'm over 6 foot tall and having my left leg hanging over the end of the bed further than the right, isn't much fun and hard to sleep, I've cruised on ships with cabins pretty much the same size as Celebrity that manage to have a normal bed.

Thanks all for the fine feedback. We have decided to take the Royal Princess 10 day Southern Caribbean rather than the Equinox, and will report back on any issues.

Yikes! Princess by far has the worst mattresses (concrete slabs) at sea....I had to have an egg crate plus 2 additional folded comforters to be able to even sleep -- awful experience and well written up on the Princess forum.

Celebrity, by far, is a more comfortable sleeping experience (although HAL is the comfiest bed IMO)