Am I the only one who is going to miss the Epic? (In the Caribbean)

volvoshine

My husband and I will miss her as well. I like that Posh is included with the Haven and that the sea days on a Caribbean itinerary give you time to explore the ship.

We are sailing on her for a second time in March. It was between the Epic and the Getaway and we decided to do the Epic again before she relocated.

We're going on the 18th as well. I wanted to go when I found out she was leaving and got a great deal. I wonder if the restrooms were "normal", would she be leaving?

Which begs the question... If NCL was smart they would spend some millions "Upgrading" her and leave her in the Caribbean.

I don't think there will ever be another cruise ship as unique as the Epic.

Unfortunately for you who like her design, there are a lot of good reasons (both design/technical and financial) why she is one of a kind and no other ships were built on those specs.

Personally I agree with NCL's decisions moving forward from that failed experiment, Breakaway class is so much better than their first try with megaships.

Also with the Breakaway Plus class ships coming, they don't need Epic in Miami as it's their biggest/most important market and Escape comes there to stay with Getaway, so business wise their decision is completely understandable too.

Gee I will miss having a closet for a stateroom, and lets not forget the sink and shower in the cabin! NOT !!!

Goodbye and good riddance to the Epig...a mistake that NCL regrets to this day! That's why the came out with the Getaway and the Breakaway...which they did get right !

We'll miss her tremendously. Just love her spa area. Have not been on the Breakaway but the Getaway spa area does not even compare. We will have to see what the Excape brings.

Also, a cruise out of Ohio would be great! (Just jealous, all you Florida residents).

We'll miss her tremendously. Just love her spa area. Have not been on the Breakaway but the Getaway spa area does not even compare. We will have to see what the Excape brings.

Also, a cruise out of Ohio would be great! (Just jealous, all you Florida residents).

LOL - cruise out of Ohio! :)

You can do what I did and relocate (formerly from Cleveland, OH). :)

I was on Epic last March in a Spa Suite - which is really one of a kind with a round bed, jacuzzi tub and HUGE balcony and tons and tons of storage - more than we could use, really. It had the best shower we've ever had at sea - including in Owner's suites and Villas. I love the Epic's spa and I thought that the Haven was fantastic. The shows were great and we enjoyed ALL of the specialty restaurants and the ice bar. In fact, I liked EVERYTHING about the Epic and would sail her again anytime!

So now that the EPIC is heading to Europe does anyone know if they plan to put a Blue Man Group on a North American NCL ship? I saw it once on the EPIC and would like to take my father to see them on a cruise but can't afford a cruise plus overseas airfare. Anyone know?

I know that BMG is not traveling to Europe with her - when we booked entertainment (I'm a planner, lol) there were "last show in Epic" dates for both BMG and the Cirque show.

When planning our honeymoon, ship choice was the major factor in deciding on our March cruise. This will actually be my first cruise, and knowing me, I'll fall in love just as she leaves, lol. Oh well, I needed an excuse to go back to Europe anyway!

So now that the EPIC is heading to Europe does anyone know if they plan to put a Blue Man Group on a North American NCL ship? I saw it once on the EPIC and would like to take my father to see them on a cruise but can't afford a cruise plus overseas airfare. Anyone know?

Blue Man Group is being replaced with the Broadway version of Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Legends is being replaced with Burn the Floor; and Fat Cats is being replaced with Cavern Club (featuring the Beatles).

I'll miss her and we've only been on The Epic once! :( We loved the ship, our room, the pool deck, the entertainment, the cruise director and his staff, our ports, everything. We had hoped to take our kids on a cruise before she leaves for Europe, (just DH & I went a few weeks ago) but we do not live near a port city and it's quite expensive for us to fly to get there, so thinking this might not happen. However, we will cherish our one and only Epic experience and look forward to booking on another NCL ship, possibly on the Getaway or Breakaway, or even Escape, as they look to be similar in feel and design of The Epic.

I am having a fit myself. The Epic is my favorite ship to date for so many reasons and I had intended to sail her again one last time before she leaves, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get that chance. It's the one ship that me and the hubby went on and didn't take our daughter and I really wanted her to go on it.

I REALLY REALLY hope they bring it back sooner or later. :( She was designed for the Caribbean IMO.

We were on Epic for 14 nights in a spa mini suite

Have our plans for 2015 sorted with a Celebrity Barcelona -Spain to Canary Islands to Fort Lauderdale 14 nights followed (sameday quick dash across FL!) by NCL Sky for 4 nights Bahamas (18 nights cruising woohooooo!)

We have the 250$ cruise certificate and we will LOVE Epic ex Barcelona - probably 2016 now but Jet2 cheap 2 hour flight from Scotland - just fantastic to have her this side of the pond.

We loved everything about her - from the bathrooms (we really didn't get the big deal on that one) - two minute walk to the best spa at sea -

Great ship! Most welcome in Europe Epic!!