Summit Review - Nov 29 to Dec 6 2014 - With Pictures

poffles

Love your review and picture. Thinking about booking a cruise on the Summit next year in the Caribbean for a Charter sailing. I just got off the Connie and prefer S-Class, but this cruise looks fun.

Thanks! I can't wait to get on the Reflection and see the difference. I think with the Summit and the southern itinerary, the extensive island time makes it less about the ship. She is beautiful but the smaller size might be more of a short coming if you were on her for days at sea. Not noticing any aging of the Summit (maybe I had rose colored glasses on?) so age would not seem to be a factor for comparing the two classes but maybe upon seeing the Reflection I will think differently.

I'm really looking forward to the larger ship with more sea days to explore the ship offerings more and I expect an entirely different experience. I know from my past sailings, however, that bigger does not always mean better :o

Edited by poffles

Thanks Poffles for posting such a great review and including your dailies! Looking forward to seeing all there is to do on our Summit cruise next January. You've given us some great ideas of things to look into and your pictures were wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to include all that you did. I agree....if you set out to have a good time, chances are good that you will!

Happy Travels to you!!

Thank you! Glad to give you ideas, that's what makes this place so great and I love sharing whatever I can with others. This site has been golden in my travels.

I forget how much I've learned from others here and of course since then from my own ventures. It's only when I talk to others going for this first time and discover that they are totally guided by their TA that I am reminded how self guided I have become ... thanks Cruise Critic for making this possible and thanks Cruise Critic peeps.

Interestingly this year it seems that, for more and more people I know, there seems to be a shift from doing the 'all inclusive' to first time cruising and it seems Celebrity and Princess are the most prevalent choice so times are changing. The direct Celebrity charter from my city seems to be getting attention and if they continue to offer next year I expect it will only grow.

Happy travels.

Edited by poffles

• 1 year later...

Just saw your comment on the Adventure of the Seas cruise review and had to check this out. What a great review this was!! We go out of San Juan most of the time (as you can see in my previous cruises) and absolutely love it!! The excitement that you shared in this review is exactly what I feel every year! Makes me happy to read other people feel this way! You should try Adventure of the Seas sometime! We have been on Celebrity once and loved it too! Hope you have another cruise booked to look forward too! :):)