Condition of Liberty of the Seas

Hello all,

I am beginning to do some research as I am looking into booking my first Royal Cruise, so I will probably ask many questions in the coming weeks, I hope you all don't mind.

Anyway, I am looking at the Liberty of the Seas. Based on what I have read, the last time this ship was refurbed was in 2011. On the RCL website it is billed as "new" for the upgrades which I suppose happened in 2011.

For those that have recently been on the Liberty- what is the condition of the Liberty? Is it worn and showing its age or in tip top shape?

TIA.

I was on Liberty 12/6/14. Ship looked new and clean to me. No signs of wear and tear.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

I agree.

Beautiful ship, great shows, and really good food at MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Liberty 12/6/14. Ship looked new and clean to me. No signs of wear and tear.

You must have come on board in Civitavecchia?

We boared on the 8th(i think) in Barcelona!

She looked fantastic to me.

Splendour, on the other hand, was showing signs of age. Amazing crew though

You must have come on board in Civitavecchia?

We boared on the 8th(i think) in Barcelona!

She looked fantastic to me.

Splendour, on the other hand, was showing signs of age. Amazing crew though

We boarded the Liberty on 12/06/14 also, and believe me it was in Ft Lauderdale!:confused:

Hello all,

I am beginning to do some research as I am looking into booking my first Royal Cruise, so I will probably ask many questions in the coming weeks, I hope you all don't mind.

Anyway, I am looking at the Liberty of the Seas. Based on what I have read, the last time this ship was refurbed was in 2011. On the RCL website it is billed as "new" for the upgrades which I suppose happened in 2011.

For those that have recently been on the Liberty- what is the condition of the Liberty? Is it worn and showing its age or in tip top shape?

TIA.

I get a kick out of these. In all of my cruises not one ship have ever had any look of bring old or dated. They keep them immaculate. I would hope Carnival does too. You can go on Explorer which came out in 2000 and feel like thr ship just came out of production.

Edited by Moltar

Thank you Aussie, I didn't know you had a different date system. I learned something tonight.;)

If you remember, our US Customs form was backwards too until they finally fixed it not too long ago. They must have gotten tired of reading the wrong date and/or scribbled corrections.

I sailed Liberty in November and thought the ship looked great. But then I did Independence two weeks later (identical ships) and it looked even better. There is something 'off' about Liberty but I can't point to it. Choosing between the two I'd pick Indy but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do Liberty if it was the only choice.

I sailed Liberty in November and thought the ship looked great. But then I did Independence two weeks later (identical ships) and it looked even better. There is something 'off' about Liberty but I can't point to it. Choosing between the two I'd pick Indy but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do Liberty if it was the only choice.

Maybe cause Liberty was cut down the middle?

I get a kick out of these. In all of my cruises not one ship have ever had any look of bring old or dated. They keep them immaculate. I would hope Carnival does too. You can go on Explorer which came out in 2000 and feel like thr ship just came out of production.

I agree.

Do people really think that they(RC) would spend 800,000,000 on a ship.

Just to let it get worn out and unfit for use in 7 years?

The carpet in our room was brand new per the room attendant. The ship was pretty much in perfect condition. They were refinishing some of the wood on the pool deck during one port day. The only wear I noticed at all was on the mini-golf course.

• 2 weeks later...

Dry dock usually lasts 3 weeks and then another 3-4 weeks of finishing work at sea. We were on Princess Diamond 3 wk after Drydock and they were finishing the new dining area so we couldn't use it and painting hand raile everywhere at night but not many people noticed it.