Ultimate Ship Tour/Spa appointment timing.

VTX-AL

First timers here seeking info on upcoming Grand Princess cruise. I am very interested in taking the Ultimate ship tour which, I believe, is only held once during our 15 day cruise. DW would like to reserve a Spa treatment to coincide with the time that I would be on the ship tour. Has anyone here done something similar in the past? Can both tour and spa reservations be made on line? If not, how is this done once aboard ship?

Thanks in advance.

...VTX-Al

Ultimate Ship Tour is only available on board. As soon as you get on the ship head directly to the guest services desk, do not pass go, do not get a drink with an umbrella in it. The tour is great. Just bring an extra suitcase for the goodies. While it seemed pricey, when you total in the cost of the goodies they give you, it really isn't that bad. We got the plush robes, really nice frames for the pictures they take of you. (best picture ever taken of me on a cruise) an apron, personalized notepads etc. We also got sparkling wine, canapes and chocolates in the galley and after the tour we has a private reception in one of the bars. We also had plenty of face time with Capt. Yeomans. :) He was spinning plenty of sea yarns. Your Captain may vary.

Edited by martylouie
grammar

The issue you will have is that they may not decide exactly which day the UST will be held until they know for sure they have enough participants--especially on a cruise that ends will several sea days in a row. Even if you are the first one to sign up it will not be confirmed that you are on the tour until you receive a letter in your cabin with the day and time. If overbooked it is not necessarily first-come-first-served in deciding who is in and who is bumped.

Our last cruise on the Ruby we were the first on the list and they never got enough people to sign up. I think they need 6 minumim to have the tour. They finally told us on the last sea day that the tour would not happen.