Happy New Year

We've been on the Pont Aven several times & have booked to go to France 3 times this year with Brittany including once on the Pont Aven - they are lovely ferries / ships. Does the New Year charter include food or do you have to pay the normal 'ferry prices'. I have seen this advertised before. Might have a look at it for 2015......

Thanks Kalos - glad you had a good time

It's pay as you go :)

Not sure what the regular prices are Jules but we paid £ 25 for the buffet breakfast

for both of us ,as you can get what you want fully cooked ,toast etc and as much tea coffee

as you like, in the Main restaurant - Le Flora .

With what we had it worked out better and cheaper and more relaxed than the self service La Belle Angèle or the cafe which

could be crowded.

That would keep us going all day, maybe a light snack or drink in Rouen and then back onboard for an early evening meal in the

La Belle Angèle costing £7.50 for beef bourguignon served with a choice of mash, chips or rice and veg for example.

Drinks were reasonable in the bars ,we could get 2 large bottles of Becks for £6 or two large Southern Comfort and a bottle of Pepsi for around £8 .

No need to worry about your car either as you can take it with you for £30 and when docked in Rouen you have access to your car should you want to store things inside it.

Oh and you get two New Years as the French are one hour in front and ships time is UK .

Hope that helps:)

It's pay as you go :)

Not sure what the regular prices are Jules but we paid £ 25 for the buffet breakfast

for both of us ,as you can get what you want fully cooked ,toast etc and as much tea coffee

as you like, in the Main restaurant - Le Flora .

With what we had it worked out better and cheaper and more relaxed than the self service La Belle Angèle or the cafe which

could be crowded.

That would keep us going all day, maybe a light snack or drink in Rouen and then back onboard for an early evening meal in the

La Belle Angèle costing £7.50 for beef bourguignon served with a choice of mash, chips or rice and veg for example.

Drinks were reasonable in the bars ,we could get 2 large bottles of Becks for £6 or two large Southern Comfort and a bottle of Pepsi for around £8 .

No need to worry about your car either as you can take it with you for £30 and when docked in Rouen you have access to your car should you want to store things inside it.

Oh and you get two New Years as the French are one hour in front and ships time is UK .

Hope that helps:)

Thank you - sounds great! I did find it on the Mistrals website - it's still on there. You didn't do the NY Gala Meal onboard then? Will keep an eye out for the 2015 one. We did another Fred mini cruise on the Balmoral just before Christmas to Le Havre; have to say we had a superb time & loved the ship.

Good to hear from you, Jim, we were worried about you :)

Aw thanks Nell

Happy New Year to you and Mrs Jim The Scot. Have you been away without telling us? :D:D

My sons wedding in Cyprus then a cheeky week in Benidorm in Nov,thats all Linda :D

After our cruise in May 2014 although was still coming on the forum got into a habit of not posting mainly down to, not much to say :D but mainly down to, not much to contribute with so many others have cruised more recently and giving more up to date accounts on any changes on the ships

Aw thanks Nell

My sons wedding in Cyprus then a cheeky week in Benidorm in Nov,thats all Linda :D

After our cruise in May 2014 although was still coming on the forum got into a habit of not posting mainly down to, not much to say :D but mainly down to, not much to contribute with so many others have cruised more recently and giving more up to date accounts on any changes on the ships

Glad all is well, Jim.

Hope the wedding went well too.

Nell

Wedding was fantastic Nell.First time in Cyprus,loved it and would go back in a minute.

So glad for you all, Jim. A wedding is such a happy occasion. Our daughter was married last year and I still have warm thoughts when I think about it.

Our friends love Cyprus although we haven't been ourselves.

Maybe a wee cruise and stay for you next year then;)

Jim, you know you can come on here anytime and talk a load of rubbish, like the rest of us :D:D:D Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

So glad for you all, Jim. A wedding is such a happy occasion. Our daughter was married last year and I still have warm thoughts when I think about it.

Our friends love Cyprus although we haven't been ourselves.

Maybe a wee cruise and stay for you next year then;)

Yeah,we have great memories,along with great vids and photos

Funny you should say that Nell,after visiting here again got the urge again and can't wait to get back cruising again.Got the urge but no money :D

Seems we can't wait till next year and been given the go ahead by my bank manager MJTS so been looking at the end of this year ;)

Jim, you know you can come on here anytime and talk a load of rubbish, like the rest of us :D

:D

Aye your right Linda

Yeah,we have great memories,along with great vids and photos

Funny you should say that Nell,after visiting here again got the urge again and can't wait to get back cruising again.Got the urge but no money :D

Seems we can't wait till next year and been given the go ahead by my bank manager MJTS so been looking at the end of this year ;)

Go for it :D