2015 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

jaja

Sure can!

On my upcoming Getaway cruise, Captain Tommy will be onboard.

The last time I saw Captain Tommy, was on the Sun in 2011 and he gave me a cheque for $10,000. It will be nice to see him again.

The Hotel Director, who can open any closed door, is Sean. Sean is amazing, and would likely be tied with Klaus for the way he runs his staff.... which greatly affects the crew happiness, and ultimately the customer experience. My favourite HDs are Klaus, Sean, Prem, Armando & Jenny. Hearing that they're on board, means that the experience will be top-notch. This in no way means other HDs won't have the same effect, but these 5 were the best.

Let me put it another way. A search in my prior posts will show that the reason I came back to NCL after straying to Princess for 1 cruise, was that at NCL I feel not like a customer....but like family....or at least a friend.

And who doesn't like to be re-united with their friends? NCL's culture is one of casualness and friendliness.....which radiates from the top-down.

Knowing who is at the top, will give a good sense of how things are on the street-level.

Hope that helps.

Stephen

I totally agree with your comment. I always felt that way on Carnival and I now also feel that way on Norwegian. I do a lot of b2b's and that's when we get to know the crew best. They always welcome us back and make us feel like we are home. Love to "Cruise like a Norwegian ". There's nothing better.

Hi....when I spoke to the pre-cruise concierge desk last week she told me Leah will be concierge on the Jade. We are on the same cruise :)

If it's Leah she was very good ......we cruised with her on the Sun last Feb.

See you on the Jade :)

Beth & Tony

will these people be onboard in Ma?

I agree. He is one of the best. Very approachable and really get to know the passengers. We sailed with him for 19 days in April and was hoping he would be on our next April repo.

I liked Alain, too. Seemed to always be running into him.

I liked Alain, too. Seemed to always be running into him.

I agree with all names mentioned & I feel than Alain is sometime overlooked.

We dined with him on 2 occasions and I was warmed by the way he speaks to the crew and always knows their names. He spoke to a painter about how nice his work looked and called him by name.

Impressive.

I also met 2 teens on a scavenger hunt. They were looking for the HD to try to get a photo with him.

I called Alain and he stepped out of a meeting for a minute or so to let them take their “selfie” with him. More impressive.

I hope these boys won! I never heard.

I also am fond of Hugo Vanosmael, HD for the Star.

He is also warm, kind and usually can be seen around the ship.

Judy

I agree with all names mentioned & I feel than Alain is sometime overlooked.

We dined with him on 2 occasions and I was warmed by the way he speaks to the crew and always knows their names. He spoke to a painter about how nice his work looked and called him by name.

Impressive.

I also met 2 teens on a scavenger hunt. They were looking for the HD to try to get a photo with him.

I called Alain and he stepped out of a meeting for a minute or so to let them take their “selfie” with him. More impressive.

I hope these boys won! I never heard.

I also am fond of Hugo Vanosmael, HD for the Star.

He is also warm, kind and usually can be seen around the ship.

Judy

I never sailed with Alain but heard some nice things about him

Scrolled back and it's been quite awhile since we had an update. Trust someone here will know when Jenny Lim and Carlos Zarate are scheduled to return as HD and concierge' date=' respectively?

Also is Mohammed Hassan still on Gem as F & B Dir.?

Any further updates?

Also does anyone know the current CD and entertainment roster such as reggae band?

Interested in end of Apr. in case that matters and I do know entertainment in particular can change.[/quote']

Hassan was the F and B director for the Feb 27 Gem cruise we were on. He is a great guy and helped us out a lot.

We are on the NOLA to Boston Repo 4/19 and getting mixed messages on identity of HD.

Reading this thread, it sounds like Alain. Yokasta, Group Event Coordinator at Corporate relays that it will be Sonja and the on-board Group Service Coordinator Anne Barbazza. Does anyone have the very latest, greatest list of Officers/Department Heads?

Thanks in advance :p

Edited by kcfoxy

We are on the NOLA to Boston Repo 4/19 and getting mixed messages on identity of HD.

Reading this thread, it sounds like Alain. Yokasta, Group Event Coordinator at Corporate relays that it will be Sonja and the on-board Group Service Coordinator Anne Barbazza. Does anyone have the very latest, greatest list of Officers/Department Heads?

Mixed messages are due to the fact that the concierge staff are on 4 month contracts (told to me by John on the BA) and that the call center staff may not have the most up to date info.

It's way too far out to know for sure. Even if someone thinks they will be there then, changes can and do happen all the time.

It's way too far out to know for sure. Even if someone thinks they will be there then, changes can and do happen all the time.

34 days out is way too far out? Wondering if being a Repo from New Orleans to Boston might factor in, in terms of bidding, et al. Rather than the usual 7 day run. :)

34 days out is way too far out? Wondering if being a Repo from New Orleans to Boston might factor in, in terms of bidding, et al. Rather than the usual 7 day run. :)

Sorry, you're right! I was thinking about the repo TO NOLA instead of from - which is in the fall. Yeah, they should know most of the officers for an April cruise.

Are you talking about who you email about setting up a M&G on the ship? No, they aren't call center staff like the ones booking cruises. I don't know how many are in this department, but they handle the same duties for a couple of ships, if not more. They are located in Miami, but you will have a Group Coordinator on board the ship.

Sorry, you're right! I was thinking about the repo TO NOLA instead of from - which is in the fall. Yeah, they should know most of the officers for an April cruise.

Are you talking about who you email about setting up a M&G on the ship? No, they aren't call center staff like the ones booking cruises. I don't know how many are in this department, but they handle the same duties for a couple of ships, if not more. They are located in Miami, but you will have a Group Coordinator on board the ship.

Yeah, Dawn and one of the mega ships, too. Anne Barbazza is the name furnished for the actual on-board ship stuff. We'll be having lots of interactions, since they usually wear the Accessibility Hat as well ;)

No, but Alain is usually the HD.

It would depend on his vacation schedule.

He is wonderful.

Anne Barbazza is also amazing.

She is one of the best Group Service Coordinators with NCL.

Judy

Scrolled back and it's been quite awhile since we had an update. Trust someone here will know when Jenny Lim and Carlos Zarate are scheduled to return as HD and concierge, respectively?

Just got confirmations from pre-cruise concierge that Carlos is back as of this week! Very happy about that. He is the best in our book.

Scrolled back and it's been quite awhile since we had an update. Trust someone here will know when Jenny Lim and Carlos Zarate are scheduled to return as HD and concierge' date=' respectively?

Just got confirmations from pre-cruise concierge that Carlos is back as of this week! Very happy about that. He is the best in our book.[/quote']

Jenny returns to Gem mid April

Andy:

Congratulations, Mr. President

This is a well deserved promotion for you, a grand day for NCL, and a day of celebration for NCL customers.

I've started my celebration with this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH01FhqMdc8

John

AndyStewart%20NCL%20Pres%20COO_zpsy1nzetkz.jpg

GREAT NEWS! Thanks so much for sharing. Andy has been very responsive when I've encountered stonewalls. Congrats, Andy!

Anyone know who captain and CD are on Gem 4/6?

I understand I'll be missing the amazing Jenny by a week.

Are all the Stefan's onboard? Really hoping for Capt. Stefan B, is Lars related to him?

ETA: my mistake, hoping for Stefan Norberg, he was going on vacation mid-December, wondering if he's back.

Edited by swurvestar