San Diego - 1:05 flight time ok?

acctgtogo

We will be arriving in San Diego on November 20th (Friday) on the Celebrity Infinity. Is a 1:05PM flight time ok? As we are heading to the east coast, this is about the latest flight we can take that isn't an overnight with a long layover. Thanks.

You should be OK as the airport is only about 15 minutes from the pier by cab. However, things can be a bit tighter if there are multiple ships in port (could be few customs officials per ship) or if there's some other delay. Are you sure you want to book airfare this far in advance? Usually flights are still plentiful and probably cheaper about 3 months in advance of your flight date. Airlines have not yet dropped prices because of lowered fuel prices, but it could happen between now and summer. It's also possible that the airline could change flight schedules multiple times before November. Also, think about spending at least a night enjoying San Diego and going home on Saturday!

That time should be fine. Would not do anything earlier than noon though.

Customs & Immigration can be slow in San Diego, esp. if there are any foreign nationals who don't check in prior to disembarkation as instructed (this holds up the entire ship from starting disembarkation).

TSA can be VERY slow at the San Diego airport, depending on the day of the week and time (and how many other ships are disembarking passengers trying to catch an early flight out).

Thanks for the responses. The reason we are looking at flights now is because we were trying to use miles for the tickets. They are currently available while usually flights aren't available or the number of miles needed are outrageous.

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest debarks I have had were in SD. The aiport is not even 15 minutes away. The airport may be packed on a cruise day. I went in to Southwest looking for my cousin after our cruise and I could not believe the lines!

We will be arriving in San Diego on November 20th (Friday) on the Celebrity Infinity. Is a 1:05PM flight time ok? As we are heading to the east coast, this is about the latest flight we can take that isn't an overnight with a long layover. Thanks.