Carryon soda or check it

TRAVELINGMAN2

I want to bring a 12 pack or maybe a case of soda that the cruise doesn't have onboard. Is it better to put it in my carryon or to check it. It will be soda, nothing else? We aren't flying, just driving to port.

Thanks

When are you getting to the port, you will not be able to get to your room until 1 or 1:30.

Not sure yet. We can get there anytime we choose, we aren't that far away. Maybe putting it in an empty suitcase and checking it would be the easiest way. Don't want the cans to leak. That way I can cushion the soda with towels or something else.

Good plan. Embarkation is enough of a hassle without adding anything else to carry.

Thanks everyone. I think I will carryon our 2 bottles of wine and check the soda. You are right about checking the bag with the soda....don't want to be lugging around or wheeling around soda if we get to the port early. Has anyone had any experience with any of the soda cans leaking when they tapedt the boxes of soda cans together or put them in their original box with just a luggage tag (not in a suitcase)and putting a luggage tag on? I would do that instead of bringing an extra suitcase but was afraid of the porters throwing around the soda like they do with the luggage.

I know this sounds kind of trivial but I'm trying to make the best decision.

Thanks

Just tape the soda with duct tape and put a room number on it. Don't make the mistake I did and put a couple of racks in a duffle bag! I thought it would be easier to handle but it was thrown around and several cans leaked and were damaged. ugh...live and learn

Many also put a room tag on a case of water but have never found the water on any ship bad. Brought on a case of water from LA and we are from Maine. We thought the bottle water was awful! happy cruising