APT Cruises

cymro100

APT is an Australian company that is in partnership with AMAWaterways. AMAWaterways owns or co-owns the ships. When we cruised with AMA in both Europe and Vietnam there were groups from Australia who were there as part of an APT group. APT may, or may not, market to other than Australians. If not, check out AMAWaterways.

Edited by Shorex

Just to clarify - APT is not a travel agency but an Australian travel company. They offer both land and cruise holidays to Australians and New Zealanders. I have not seen or read that they are active in other countries. As Shorex correctly stated their river cruises are in partnership with AMA and are a little different as they make the cruise more inclusive for Australians by including gratuities and other perks. I looked into them when we last cruised in southern France but they had just enough things we didn't like for us to cruise with them.

We did a tour of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia including a 7 night Mekong River cruise organised by APT and it was one of our best ever holidays. Their prices are not cheap but the quality of the tour manager, local guides, hotels, ship and included tours was exceptional.

There were a lot of Australians in our group (12 to our 2 so we got a lot of friendly ribbing about cricket!) but we expected that as it is an Australian company. They have a UK branch which you can find by doing an Internet search. I posted a review on this forum which you might be able to access if you do a search.

I am just in the process of trying to decide between their Burma or India tours for 2016.

Edited by soccerref

We are Kiwis and have just returned from our fifth APT trip - Western Australia, Tasmania, Russia, China, and most recently Vietnam & Cambodia. They are dearer than some other companies, but we find they are more inclusive, and have always delivered an excellent product. We enjoy both their land tours and river cruises. There are a lot of Australians on the tours; we have struck surprisingly few NZers, even though APT are well advertised here. On our most recent trip there were a number of travellers from the UK, and it appears APT are becoming more active in this market.

Now you guys did it! I looked at APT river cruises and found one that I absolutely love. Sent an e-mail and hope they offer trips to people living in the US. It's includes the upper and the lower Mekong and Halong Bay.

Sounds like the same cruise that AMA calls "Vietnam, Cambodia & the Riches of the Mekong"

http://www.amawaterways.com/vietnam-cambodia-mekong-2015

There will probably be different dates through AMA, but the same itinerary. Price will vary because AMA is less inclusive than APT.

We went on AMA to Russia on a river cruise several years ago. I was not aware then that APT owned about 75% of AMA. We paid Crystal prices for a Motel 6 experience. All the Australians aboard had free drinks and all free excursions with their own buses and travel guides. Check them out thoroughly to find out what is included. The AMA office was the worst office staff we have ever encountered in the 50 + cruises and tours we have done.

Sheila

• 4 months later...
We did a tour of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia including a 7 night Mekong River cruise organised by APT and it was one of our best ever holidays. Their prices are not cheap but the quality of the tour manager, local guides, hotels, ship and included tours was exceptional.

There were a lot of Australians in our group (12 to our 2 so we got a lot of friendly ribbing about cricket!) but we expected that as it is an Australian company. They have a UK branch which you can find by doing an Internet search. I posted a review on this forum which you might be able to access if you do a search.

I am just in the process of trying to decide between their Burma or India tours for 2016.

Hi, we're in the UK and coming close to booking the Mekong cruise with APT. If we go ahead, is there any way of sending you questions? Thanks.