Sail away 3rd jan 2015.

buchananglasgow

What I wonder, is where they're going to stick the Coral. With the two larger ships being at #2 and #21, what's left for the Coral. Hope they use #4 or someone will be out in the boonies at the awful #29.

Will find out shortly. Our friends are on their way to board the Coral.

I'm at FLL right now, waiting for our Princess transfer. They are telling us they are holding us here because the port is busy with disembark passengers and we would just be waiting outside if they took us over.

Have peeps sailing today on the Coral, saw earlier today the number in port and imagine that the embark/disembark today is a nightmare! What time is sailaway starting today?

Sailaway is scheduled to start at 4pm. I have noticed recently that a HAL ship will sometimes leave 15 minutes early.

And according to port schedule only 7 ships are leaving early, the Prinsendam is not scheduled to depart until 11pm.

It should be fun if I am home.

Sailaway is scheduled to start at 4pm. I have noticed recently that a HAL ship will sometimes leave 15 minutes early.

And according to port schedule only 7 ships are leaving early, the Prinsendam is not scheduled to depart until 11pm.

It should be fun if I am home.

This is what I found:

4:00 pm

Westerdam

Caribbean Princess

Ruby Princess

Coral Princess

4:30 pm

Liberty OTS

Oasis OTS

5:30 pm

Independence OTS

Add to this the three ships sailing south from Port Canaveral and the 4 ships that will depart Miami around 4 pm, and that is going to be one crowded waterway. I'd like to be in Key Largo with a powerful pair of binoculars.

When we were sailing back on the Regal Princess in November, we saw 11 ships - some going north and some going south - late in the night on our last day. It was amazing to see all those ships literally "passing in the night."

Will be interesting to see if any Port Everglades Embarkation/Disembarkation Nightmare threads appear tomorrow on any of the boards.

Hope all passengers get home/away safely.

Can you imagine FT Lauderdale airport today.....:eek::eek::eek:

I was so glad that only the Caribbean Princess was in port the day we left, one day after our cruise returned.

No line at checkin, only a very small line at security.

I was down there earlier today to meet a friend of mine that works on the Coral. What a traffic nightmare! Today was the first day that the new entrance to Pier 4 was open....but there was one small problem...there was no signs telling anyone. I entered the port through the middle gate and proceeded to Northport thinking that is where the pick up would be for Pier 4 like it always has been....WRONG! There is a new entrance off the main road, directly into terminal at Pier 4. I never got out of my car, but it sure did look nice. Logistically, there was parking spaces all around there, but not sure if you have to go to Northport to park for the week or if you can park in the lot at Pier 4.