Queen Victoria Balcony cabin question

jo-b

I have searched all the forums and on the wider net but cannot find any decent photos or descriptions of the wardrobe/dressing table or other storage facilities in these cabins.

Can anyone help? In particular is there shelf space for folded shirts, and how much hanging space?

Thanks

357iqs5.jpg

ma9i6a.jpg

2uzv2a9.jpg

2z9cpxv.jpg

Bedside drawers each side of the bed like above and two large drawers at the end of the bed. There's also a desk with two drawers.

Hope this helps

Edited by Ray66

Ray you are a star thanks so much.

I suppose the drawers under the bed curtail luggage storage, do Cunard have facilities for storage away from the cabin? I am 99% certain we will have more than 2 cases for our next jaunt!

Edited by jo-b

Ray you are a star thanks so much.

I suppose the drawers under the bed curtail luggage storage, do Cunard have facilities for storage away from the cabin? I am 99% certain we will have more than 2 cases for our next jaunt!

The drawers under the foot of the bed ony take up less than half the space. You should be able to get one luggage peace under each bed. I stored my 3rd suitcase in one of the cabinets. Cunard does not store any luggage for you.

Now I was solo in one of these cabins for my 94 day cruise, but I had plenty of storage.

Have a great trip.

Don

The drawers under the foot of the bed ony take up less than half the space. You should be able to get one luggage peace under each bed. I stored my 3rd suitcase in one of the cabinets. Cunard does not store any luggage for you.

Now I was solo in one of these cabins for my 94 day cruise, but I had plenty of storage.

Have a great trip.

Don

Hhhmmmm I can't see the other half being willing to stay behind just so there is enough space for the suitcases!!

I'm surprised they don't store cases though we have never had a problem with other lines.

I had three large pieces of luggage and a carry-on. I put the carry-on inside one of the large pieces. I was able to get all three under the bed.

I had extra bedding stored in one of the underbed drawers that I had my steward remove so I could use both.

We always have at least five cases / roll along bags with us :o We have always managed to store them under the bed. 2 medium cases inside 2 large cases, roll slings or any other cases between the the two big cases all under the bed. We have always found there to be enough room to put all away too. The longest trip we have done is three weeks so far. I have a feeling we might struggle if we ever make it on a world cruise!

Ray's photos are fantastic. The one thing he has left out is the dressing table/desk, but that has minimal storage. There is a shelf that will just fit a glass, so small items can go there. There is a long drawer under the desk but I put the information book in there and that basically fills it. Over the fridge is another drawer that holds the hairdryer. I use that for all my electrical cords.

To summarise, what you have is:

- 2 bedside chests of drawers

- 2 cupboards for hanging clothes, each with a shelf above (one taken up with life jackets)

- 1 cupboard with a few shelves (one taken up by safe) and more hanging space for shirts

- 2 drawers under the bed

This is how I managed, Wardrobe near the door, Mine Suits Jackets Shirts ect all hung up & on the floor 1, empty medium sized Suitcase, This is for the Laundry , Centre Wardrobe the Wife's Tops on hangers & on the shelves ect, And on the floor make up case, 3rd Wardrobe Wife's long dresses & on the floor a case with all her underwear in, That's 3 cases stored . Under the bed right hand side 1 large & 1 Small wheelie case Suitcase Left hand side 1 Large case with a Medium case inside & 2 Suit Carriers' all empty, That another 5 cases stored, I Pulled out the Sofa & placed behind it 2 Large cases then pushed the Sofa back I only lost the depth of the cases in room space, That's 11 cases stored the 2 draws at the foot of the beds the wife used those for her Handbags' Hairdryer ect

Edited by zider

This is how I managed, Wardrobe near the door, Mine Suits Jackets Shirts ect all hung up & on the floor 1, empty medium sized Suitcase, This is for the Laundry , Centre Wardrobe the Wife's Tops on hangers & on the shelves ect, And on the floor make up case, 3rd Wardrobe Wife's long dresses & on the floor a case with all her underwear in, That's 3 cases stored . Under the bed right hand side 1 large & 1 Small wheelie case Suitcase Left hand side 1 Large case with a Medium case inside & 2 Suit Carriers' all empty, That another 5 cases stored, I Pulled out the Sofa & placed behind it 2 Large cases then pushed the Sofa back I only lost the depth of the cases in room space, That's 11 cases stored the 2 draws at the foot of the beds the wife used those for her Handbags' Hairdryer ect

Thanks a lot for this, good idea about the sofa