Multiple Promotions

AEckhardt

I agree as it has appeared ( in fact, been as with AARP) that way; however, on a fake booking, the following appears. I entered dining as the promo. This would cause me to contact my PCC or travel agent to check. Both are listed.

image.jpg.555038e5f76eb2400d36cc753be2b238.jpg

Edited by Rhea98

I suspected as much. I will be booking through my PCC so if there is the slightest chance to stack them, it couldn't hurt to ask. As we will be in a suite, I get a pretty great deal with the Freestyle promo, so I'd choose that over the $250 Latitudes OBC, but I sure was hoping it would be a combined $550!

Thanks for the responses! Here's to smooth sailing!

I suspected as much. I will be booking through my PCC so if there is the slightest chance to stack them, it couldn't hurt to ask. As we will be in a suite, I get a pretty great deal with the Freestyle promo, so I'd choose that over the $250 Latitudes OBC, but I sure was hoping it would be a combined $550!

Thanks for the responses! Here's to smooth sailing!

I just booked a few minutes ago. Despite pleas from my TA, I was not able to stack the Latitudes promotion on top of the Freestyle Choice.

I agree as it has appeared ( in fact, been as with AARP) that way; however, on a fake booking, the following appears. I entered dining as the promo. This would cause me to contact my PCC or travel agent to check. Both are listed.

They're both listed because they're both offered, but it's a choice of one or the other...you don't get both.

I understand. There's really no comparison. Who would take the lesser offer? I would much rather take the free UDP, UBP, and $300 OBC (getting all 3 because of the suite) as opposed to just a $250 OBC.

Edited by AEckhardt

They're both listed because they're both offered, but it's a choice of one or the other...you don't get both.

I can understand that. When I attempted with aarp, I had to make the choice at the price page so that one was fairly obvious (aarp was a discount not an add-on) . I did check with my PCC who confirmed. I didn't fake book without the wave promo choice so it wasn't so obvious in the circumstance the OP presented. At least we have the word from the TA on this situation, too. Own its own, wave has been a pretty good promo for some.

I know you'll enjoy your cruise regardless. I know I'll enjoy the ones I booked without the promo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

Just want to verify. If I book a European cruise, I get two offers (dining and $200) on board credit but no Latitudes and no AARP. Is that right.

If I buy a welcome back reward with $75 OBC do I get to keep that. Is that combinable with new promotion.

I tried to get them both today as well. PCC couldn't combine. I don't really understand why NCL doesn't allow this since the exclusions for both promos do not say they are not combinable. They both state not combinable with group rate or travel agent rate.

For this sailing I don't really care about the on board credit since we are doing an ocean view so the credit would only be $30.00. What I would like is the extra night's toward latitudes level. This cruise will put us 1 nightshirt of the next level.

I guess we will just have to toke another cruise. Oh well :p

I tried to get them both today as well. PCC couldn't combine. I don't really understand why NCL doesn't allow this since the exclusions for both promos do not say they are not combinable. They both state not combinable with group rate or travel agent rate.

For this sailing I don't really care about the on board credit since we are doing an ocean view so the credit would only be $30.00. What I would like is the extra night's toward latitudes level. This cruise will put us 1 nightshirt of the next level.

Not being able to get the Latitude points put me 6 nights short of Gold! That's why I'll just have to book another cruise, too! It would have been nice to have those gold perks on the next one though... Oh well!

The Terms and conditions for the Latitudes Insider Offer state:

Offer combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

That means they can choose to allow combination or not. Last year I was able to combine it with another promotion. This year I was not. It's at their discretion.

Not sure I understand how this affect Latitudes points? It affects OBC, but you still get points for the cruise?

You don't get the extra multiple of your points (Example: 7 day cruise getting 14 points rather than 7) if you're not booked under the Latitudes Insider Offer promotion code.

I received quadruple points (regular, suite, booked at least 9 months in advance and Latitudes Insider Offer) on the cruise I took last month, but I'll only get triple points (regular, suite, booked at least 9 months in advance) for the cruise I just booked because they're not allowing the Latitudes Insider Offer to be combined with the Freestyle Choice promotion.

Of more importance is not getting the extra OBC for the Latitudes Insider Offer ! Unless they create Latitudes levels above Platinum, the points ceased to be important to me long ago.

Edited by njhorseman

• 1 month later...

Just keeping tabs on this issue. I also had no luck combining the current Latitudes insider offer and Freestyle choice promos. It made the difference for my stateroom category decision, so I settled for the oceanview.

If anything changes with combinability and prices remain stable, I'm upgrading!