Group for a Senior

ittsybittsy

Hi! I am not a senior citizen, but my grandma is, and I was hoping to find a senior cruise group tour thing to send her on. I can't find one via google, but I did find this. I'm hoping someone on here might know someplace for me to look.

I took a cruise last year with a group. They advertised on Facebook, and it was a lot of fun to have a group that I already knew I'd have things in common with (it was an age specific singles cruise with a religious connection) I'd like to find something similar to that for my grandma, a tour or cruise group specifically for seniors. Going with a group definitely improved my cruising experience, and I suspect my grandma will be about the same.

Thanks in advance for ANY information.

Have you tried the senior citizen centre in her area some organize tours for those in the club

Ask a TA they may know of some groups for older adults

FYI most of us here do not have crystal balls so would have no idea how old your grandma was or what her mobility is like or her interests either

• 2 weeks later...
I think you're thinking of the wrong kind of senior. My GRANDMA is 85, not 18, she's not particularly interestsd in learning on her vacation.

Your Grandmother may or may not be interested in interesting lectures and sights when traveling.

But Road Scholar is an outgrowth of ElderHostel, which didn't typically market travel to high school students.

If she is looking for travel with other active seniors, she might well want to see what the choices are, in terms of activity level, locations, types of travel, and any special interests.

We haven't traveled with them yet, but a former colleague of mine, who retired quite some time ago, has gone on quite a few wonderful and varied trips.

GeezerCouple