Smoothies?

sugarnspice517

Random question - we're sailing on the Emerald Princess in March and thinking of getting the ultimate soda and more package. Are there good smoothies aboard Princess cruise ships? And if so, where can we get them? We sailed on the Ruby Princess last March and they didn't have - at least where we were when we asked.

They have mocktails - basically the drink mixes without the alcohol. From what I've seen, its the syrups from the cartons blended with ice. There are a few flavours. Thats it.

If you are thinking of a juice bar type fruit smoothie - no nothing like that on board.

On Ruby in November there were "yogurt smoothies" at breakfast in the Horizon Court. They were behind the display at the cold station with the muesli and yogurt cups; the server there would hand you one glass at a time. They looked simply like yogurt and fruit juice/syrup blended until very liquified; I did not try one but my companion said they were OK.

Edited by fishywood

Re sodas-they have both sodas from the gun and cans on board. All Coke products.

If you get the soda sticker - all from the gun.

If you buy a soda without the sticker - they give you the can.

If you buy the alcohol package it includes cans.

I usually get some fruit from the buffet, cantaloupe or watermelon, cut it into pieces and take it to a bartender I like and ask them to mix it in the blender with some ice and a little sugar water.

Another option would be to bring a blender and do it yourself, I just bought an Oster blender last month on Amazon for $11... cheap enough you could leave it behind..... or find out the port agent of where you are embarking and have it shipped there, will be delivered to your Cabin around sailaway time

We buy the UKP and enjoy the mocktails. We also get fruit smoothies...all from the bar. The smoothies aren't like you would get at a smoothie bar but are good. I remember a strawberry, a mango and something with Blueberry. When we came home from our first cruise I wrote Princess and was told they use Big Train smoothie mix. They are delicious!!!!